What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for an outstanding Network Engineer to join our Network Support Systems Team.
- Provide 1st and 2nd tier production support for Data Mediation Analytics & Governance applications and servers
- Respond to, research and resolve trouble tickets, system alarms, production issues - determining severity and effect repair and resolution. Execute appropriate response actions quickly and effectively to production systems
- Analytics support engineer to provide capacity arrangement, cluster set up, performance tuning, monitoring, scaling and administration. The engineer will be needed to maintain that uptime of the system and interact with vendor support staff issue resolution.
- Troubleshoot various Hadoop/Big Data related applications and systems.
- Ensure quality customer service and provide support to a varied user community
- Maintain system environments, scripts, and mediation configuration changes
- Research problems and support other data mediation groups, other internal VZW groups and vendors
- Prioritizes, and manages the work activities relevant to areas of responsibility
- Perform his/her duties with minimum supervision
- Participate in cross-functional projects as required
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Three or more years of experience in the telephony industry, preferably with wireless carriers.
- Three or more years of experience with the UNIX operating system, preferably on SUN or Linux platforms.
- Experience with shell, AWK, SED and other common system functions.
- Three or more years of experience with the Hadoop based platforms, such as Hortonworks or other vendor/open source Big Data systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical problem solving skills.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7143869-network-engineer
• Post ID: 61512133 northdfw