What you’ll be doing...
The successful candidate will work as an individual contributor responsible for protecting traditional networks and cloud environments. This role is focused on data analysis, event correlation and supporting the incident response team. Additional details of job responsibilities are below.
- Analysis of security incidents for further enhancement of alerting schema.
- Identification of and correlation with other data sources to enhance security event detection, monitoring and response capabilities.
- Provide analytic support of large scale and complex security incidents such as targeted attacks and network/system infiltration.
- Create and maintain informative technical and procedural documentation for various teams\stakeholders in order for others to effectively understand and use the data product/tools.
- Perform audio-visual presentations/demonstrations as well as frequent interaction with customer and peer teams to gauge effectiveness of the data analysis program.
- Work closely with a team of security/network subject matter experts and incident managers/analysts to understand current environment.
- Work with system administrators to validate logging and alerting configuration.
- Develop data-driven risk criteria for prioritization of host-based security events.
- Develop dashboards and reports to identify potential threats, suspicious/anomalous activity and insider threats.
- Ongoing threat research and analysis.
What we’re looking for...
- Minimum of 3 recent years direct security analytics and big data analysis.
- Expert knowledge of regular expressions and at least one common scripting language (PERL, Python, VB Script).
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of the Splunk search language, search techniques, alerts, dashboards and report building.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics or other sciences or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive knowledge of network protocols and various operating systems such as Windows and Unix.
- 7 to 10 years experience in IT industry.
- Network troubleshooting, root cause analysis, host and network-based forensic experience.
- 2 years experience Web and application development.
- Security certifications: CISSP, CISM or GIAC.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6758988-security-analytics-specialist
• Post ID: 51603283 northdfw