JOB TITLE – Purchasing Supervisor
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES – The Purchasing Supervisor serves as the liaison between the Purchasing Assistants and the Purchasing Manager and assumes all responsibility for their Alpha assignments. The Purchasing Supervisor is responsible for ensuring all orders are processed in a timely manner, monitors the resolution of pricing discrepancies among assigned team, as well as timely completion of purchase order confirmations for their assigned team. Acts as a primary liaison between facility SCD and Purchasing department for discrepancy resolutions. Manages departmental operations in the absence of the Purchasing Manager.
SUPERVISOR – Purchasing Manager
SUPERVISES – Purchasing Assistants (as assigned)
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Direct and monitor the timely management of Special Purchase Orders, ensure that all orders are processed and reported back to Customer Service as required to close logs.
• Ensure assigned staff maintains on-time processing of orders; manage the reassignment of orders based on available staffing.
• Review and track OREC of assigned staff on a weekly basis.
• Assist Purchasing Manager to manage the relationships with Accounts Payable and vendors to reduce/minimize discrepancies.
• Maintain high degree of communication between Purchasing Assistant and Purchasing Manager.
• Manage day to day activities of all assigned Purchasing Assistants, including staffing, PTO, etc…
• Provide feedback to Purchasing Manager for staffing needs for committed Alpha processing.
• Assist in the hiring, training, development of staff, and performance evaluations to maintain assigned Alpha or other purchasing activities.
• Monitor and enforce corporate purchasing policies and procedures to include maintenance of signature levels for all facilities within the Alpha Processing.
• Ensure the OREC remains current for all assigned Vendors.
• Ensure that all facets of assigned Alpha are utilizing electronic processing to full potential including, EDI and electronic faxing.
• Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of SMART system and other PC based applications
(Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word and Excel, Business Objects)
• Assist the Purchasing Manager in utilizing KPI and other analytical reports to balance, reconcile and identify trends.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Practice and adhere to “Code of Conduct” Philosophy and “Mission and Values” statement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Organization – proactive in prioritizing needs and effectively managing priorities. Draw assistance as needed from Purchasing Manager.
• Communication – communicates clearly and concisely.
• Interpersonal Skills – able to work effectively with other employees, supervisors, and external parties.
• Leadership – guides individuals and groups towards desired outcomes. Setting high performance standards and delivering quality services.
• Customer orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships building trust and respect among assigned team and superiors.
• Tactical Execution – oversees the development, deployment, and direction of complex programs and processes.
• Policies and Procedures – demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures, and systems. Maintains competency of assigned staff on updated policies.
• PC Skills – demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, SMART, GHX, Business Objects as required.
• Financial Management – assist Purchasing Manager in managing overall cost constraints to maintain monthly operating performance to include budgeting to meet monthly operating requirements.
• Project Management – assess workload and respond accordingly to maintain operating efficiencies and maintain financial constraints.
• Associates or Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Health Care Administration or similar field preferred. Purchasing Experience can be substituted for Educational requirement.
• 3-5 years purchasing experience (preferably in Healthcare)
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=07846-13587&lang=en
• Post ID: 59184293 northdfw