What you’ll be doing...
The Principal Engineer position is being created to fulfill requirements within the Data Services organization in support of VCP, NTVS, and future NFV - Network Function Virtualization and SDN - Software Defined Networks initiatives. This position will have considerable responsibility for deploying and operating the Verizon control cloud as well as the network edge for the Verizon Clouds. Directly interacts with vendors, transport teams, NNO Virtualization teams, Planning, and numerous other VZ teams involved in virtualization of various services. Due to the complexity and responsibility, the employee is heavily relied upon for many aspects of the transport and engineering process.
The Engineer will be responsible for modularly deploying solutions in varying physical and virtual environments that will require the individual to determine the manner to best work around the varying environments and must be able to autonomously determine what is best based on the overall design and associated principles. Onboard VNFs and operationalize the environments will also be tasks performed by the engineer.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Adapt to the agile DevOps culture, principals, and tools is a must in working in this environment.
- Collaborate and make informed decisions about deployments as well as corrective actions to take in the event of network or device issues.
- Support the NNO Transport organization teams in seamlessly implementing virtual environment and transport designs from the lead Integration Engineers, DSV (Data Services Virtualization) Design leads, and the Planning organizations.
- Deploy solutions in varying environments that will require the individual to determine the manner to best work around the varying environments and must be able to autonomously determine what is best based on the overall design and associated principles.
- Develop the virtualization integration, troubleshooting, and remediation requirements and practices.
- At any point, day or night (24x7 & 365), the Principal Engineer will be needed to assist in troubleshooting networks issues and will be required to take corrective actions based on expertise and guidance from DSV leads.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with networking services including Virtual and Physical Network Functions.
- Experience with routing/switching and transport engineering within wireless networks.
Even better if you have:
- Proficiency in OpenStack, VMWare and other virtual infrastructure managers.
- Linux/RHEL skills, python JSON scripting, and NFV orchestration principals.
- Knowledge of vendor and open source tools.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6735470-principal-engineer-network-engineering-and-operations
• Post ID: 50994283 northdfw