National Fleet Support Center- Vehicle Administration & Support
Role and Responsibilities:
This position will report to the Manager of NFSC and will be responsible by providing back-office support for Verizon Fleet, field-operations and vehicle-administration functions. The selected candidate will supervise employees who manage the day-to-day activities of internal maintenance support and external 24-hour roadside-assistance. This position will supervise a direct staff of associate, management and contract employees.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage day-to-day call-center functions which include workforce planning and analysis – forecasting call volumes, attendance, schedule adherence, and performance management leading to an optimized employee experience. Position will also be responsible for overseeing various online support mechanisms such as NRD, SSMR, etc. Ensure continuous improvement with regard to cost, quality and overall experience of customers
- Manage a team of employees who perform specialized, ancillary-support functions such as vehicle permit and registration renewal processes, fuel-card administration functions, vehicle transfers, insurance cards, violations processing across multiple states. Ensure compliance with state/local requirements around supported services. Update internal practices and protocols as needed
- Monitor performance of support center functions by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing transaction volume, quality and efficiency data to deliver insights. Ensures corrective action is designed, documented and executed. Coach employees and collaborate with other consumers of supported services to ensure compliance and efficiency of transactions.
- Maintains and improves support center operations by monitoring performance of associated technology; identifying and resolving problems; calling for repairs; evaluating and implementing upgrades; preparing and completing action plans; completing system audits and analyses; managing system and process improvement and quality assurance programs; installing upgrades.
- Accomplishes service center human resource objectives by recruiting and onboarding. Communicating job expectations and duties, enforcing policies and procedures and provide ongoing performance management
- Position will be called on to occasionally back-up other positions in the NFSC either due to emergency, scheduled vacation, etc. Successful candidate will have ability to learn other support functions including invoicing (intake, research, payment, reconciliation, etc.), vendor administration, warranty/accident claims processing and reimbursables utilizing the respective SAP or PeopleSoft systems.
Reporting, Metrics and Work Instructions
- Monitor daily and weekly service-request volumes from all channels
- Provide daily reporting on activity by service type
- Conduct audits of support activities for accuracy and efficiency
- Update and maintain work instructions for maintenance service-requests and other work-streams
- Coordinate with fleet region supervisors for mechanic support on aerial boom road-side assistance
- Provide assistance to Fleet Operations on planner entries generated by NFSC
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of maintenance service-writing and/or other support needs of a fleet
- Knowledge of vehicle title, permit and registration requirements in multiple states
- Knowledge of HUT/IFTA/IRP programs and fuel-program management
- Experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Ability to effectively manage a service support center
- Ability to effectively multi-task between emergent needs of the business and routine/scheduled activities
- Conflict resolution and client service skills
- Proven effective leadership and analytical skills
- Experience developing resolutions to complex problems (especially ability to translate technical issues across a variety of communication channels)
- Effective oral and written communication skills with experience in influencing others
- Experience in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Ability to master in-house and 3rd party tools associated with providing phone and online support of various fleet-related activities as well as the administration of systems needed for filing, updating or otherwise related to the registration, licensing, permitting or taxation of motor-vehicle and motor-fuels.
- Knowledge of Fleet Operations (typical parts and services associated with support of a Fleet), Strategic Sourcing processes, policies and procedures
- Experience in data analysis and supplier assessment
- Fleet experience including knowledge of equipment types, multi-stage vehicle construction processes, etc. including NAFA or equivalent certifications
- ASE certification
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6719694-national-fleet-support-center-supervisor
• Post ID: 50313098 northdfw