Posted: Saturday, July 29, 2017 6:24 PM
DFW Support Services - Laundry
The Laundry Tech is responsible for the overall processing of linens and related duties required to achieve this task.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Receives, weighs and logs soiled linen from hospitals.
• Separates soiled linens to prevent any debris from entering the Milnor equipment.
• Sort soiled linen according to wash formula / type.
• Assists in loading / unloading Unimax washers and Tunnel washers.
• Physically and visually checks the linen for stains, rips, tears and unserviceability.
• Properly folds, stacks and ties the linen for the orders.
• Recognizes and reports malfunctions of the equipment to their supervisor.
• Cleans laundry area and equipment.
• Cleans the break room and restrooms.
• Assists with processing the hospitals orders.
• Assists with the loading / unloading of the trucks.
• Assists with unloading / loading vendor / supply trucks.
• Projects a positive decisive image in support of the philosophy, goals and objectives of HCA.
• Other duties assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems and objectives.
• Adheres to HCA Policies and Procedures: Dress Code, Code of Conduct, Infection Control, Attendance, Safety Etc…
• Ability to accept and adapt to change.
• Demonstrates a positive attitude and is confident in own skills and abilities.
• Pays attention to detail and quality control.
• Solves problems independently using proper resources.
• Follows instructions completely and accurately.
• Works independently without direct supervision.
• Identifies areas for improvement.
• Promptly reports unsafe conditions to their supervisors.
• Reports all employee accidents or policy violations immediately.
• Demonstrates proper hand washing techniques.
• Uses Proper Protective Equipment appropriately.
• Disposes of Proper Protective Equipment appropriately.
• Utilizes Chain of Command.
• Reports lost and found items to their supervisors.
• Properly identifies and sorts out Ragout and Rewash.
• Identifies and participates in the reduction of waste.
• Operates scales in accordance with provided training.
• Sorts linen in accordance with provided training.
• Operates Unimax washers in accordance with provided training.
• Operates Milnor dryers in accordance with provided training.
• Operates folding equipment in accordance with provided training.
• Operates automatic tye machine in accordance with provided training.
• Meets production standards in accordance with provided training.
• Maintains general cleanliness of assigned areas.
• Practices Quality Control and Attention to Detail at all times.
• Properly completes orders for the hospitals.
• Properly completes and processes all paperwork associated with above duties.
• Assists other employees when the need arises.
• Other duties assigned.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=09375-86850&lang=en
• Location: Coppell, North DFW
• Post ID: 59996358 northdfw