What you’ll be doing...
- Primary responsibility will be supporting global transitions and implementations for managed security customers.
- This level of engineer will be responsible for design, implementation, and maintenance of load balancer /application delivery controller infrastructure including F5 Big-IP, Citrix Netscaler, and Cisco ACE load balancers.
- He/she will collaborate with Network Engineering and Project Management to create and implement custom solutions that adhere as closely as possible to existing Design Standards.
- This position provides research and analysis for planning, organizing, and managing project related network security tasks.
- This engineer will be required to give presentations via training sessions, web pages, or 1-to-1 training to the floor engineers on designs that are being implemented.
- Under minimal supervision, this engineer will be responsible for translating functional business requirements into a technical solution that conforms to global design standards.
- This role researches developments in their assigned technology disciplines, determines business requirements, proposes changes, and develops migration and implementation plans as needed.
- This role must also understand and effectively articulate the implications and impact that proposed architectural changes will have on the business (to technical and nontechnical audiences).
- The engineer will develop lab scenarios to mock user environments and test components of proposed solutions.
- The role will install, test, maintain, and upgrade network operating systems software and hardware in accordance with Release Management requirements.
- This role provides input into the security technology plan for the organization, and ensures that plans for their assigned technology discipline integrate effectively with other aspects of the technical infrastructure.
- This engineer will also be expected to deliver detailed project documentation to both the customer and operations that fully describes new implementations and is used as the primary reference for day-to-day management.
- This role will support large scale infrastructure migrations and baseline reviews.
- The engineer will support changes in strict accordance with customer's change management policies including developing low-level design and implementation plans for approved changes
- The engineer will be expected to gain knowledge and experience in other network security technologies.
- The engineer will be expected to propose appropriate changes to standards, policies, and procedures based on emerging business/technology trends and operational challenges with the existing guidelines utilizing performance metrics and operational SLAs as justification
- In addition to the design and consultation responsibilities, this role will also perform implementation and delivery of load balancing and security technologies including refresh and migration activities, support the operations teams on escalated incidents, and support off-hours maintenance activities for release management and changes associated with assigned projects.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- 3+ years of experience with F5 Traffic Management Operating system, CLI commands and Route Domains, F5 BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager and Global Traffic Manager.
- Willingness to work off hours to support planned maintenance window activities.
- Candidate must achieve ITIL v3 Foundation certification within the first 6 months.
Even Better if You Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science.
- Experience F5 BIG-IP Platforms: 3900, 4200v, 6900, and the Viprion models.
- Experience with configuration, deployment, and administration of F5 TMOS versions 11.x or 12.x.
- Experience planning and implementing enterprise monitoring and configuring tools for the F5 platforms such as BIG-IQ.
- Experience with BIG-IP Application Security Manager, Access Policy Manager, Advanced Firewall Manager, and BIG-IP DNS.
- Experience writing F5 irules preferred.
- Knowledge of application load balancing strategies and advanced techniques for application delivery.
- Knowledge and experience in application switching and traffic management.
- Extensive knowledge of application requirements (such as persistence), SSL offloading and implementation of SSL certificates and Keys, web acceleration, and TCP optimization.
- Demonstrated experience in creating implementation plans, LTM, GTM, and ASM configurations, TMOS code upgrades, and deployment of new load balancing builds for F5, Citrix, or Cisco, load balancing technologies.
- Experience designing, implementing, and supporting environments that include two or more of the following: Enterprise Gateway architectures including: Firewalls (Check Point, Palo Alto, ASA, Fortinet); Application Proxies (Bluecoat, Iron Port, Trendmicro); Global and Local load balancing (F5, Cisco ACE, Citrix Netscaler); SSL RAS ( Pulse Secure, Juniper, F5); Enterprise Management tools (Smart-1, Provider-1, Panorama, Forti-Manager, BC Director, and/or F5 Big-IQ).
- In depth knowledge of external services environments including SSL certificate exchange, Remote access solutions, and Business to Business interconnects.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to identify root causes of issues and provide solutions.
- Experience working in 24 x 7 centers with complex, high transaction, high availability environments.
- In depth understanding of networking technologies, eg. Cisco routers and switches.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, both oral and written, with the ability to articulate and educate others about complex technology with business acumen.
- Ideal candidate will have a strong, multi-discipline, operations and implementations background with emphasis on supporting business critical environments.
- Experience working within Federal or Public Regulatory Agency guidelines such as FINRA, PCI-DSS, NERC-CIP helpful.
- Strong, multi-discipline, operations and implementations background with emphasis on supporting business critical environments.
- System knowledge including ESP, ETMS, SMARTS and SevOne a plus.
- Experience with configuration, deployment, and administration of Citrix Netscaler load balancers a plus.
- Experience in firewall technologies like Cisco ASA, Palo Alto firewalls, or Check Point firewalls in addition to the load balancing experience is highly desirable.
- Linux/Unix skills & scripting.
- F5 Certifications: F5-CA, F5-CTS LTM, F5-CTS GTM, F5-CTS APM.
- Checkpoint Certifications: CCSA, CCSE.
- Palo Alto Certifications: ACE, PCNSE.
- Fortinet Certifications: NSE 1, NSE 2, NSE 3, NSE 4, NSE 5
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7073105-f5-security-engineer
• Post ID: 59059933 northdfw