What you’ll be doing...
Join our Information Technology team where you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. In this critical role, you will regularly lead multiple small to medium-size projects or one large project and perform project management activities such as planning, sizing, training and scheduling & execution. You will have independent accountability to execute complex business projects from inception to delivery, work with minimal technical or administrative supervision. You will have high degree of business ownership to verify process, quality and business benefits.
You will plan, forecast, oversee and document all aspects of the specific projects you are working. You will work with management and multiple groups (business & IT) to ensure the scope and direction of each project is clearly defined and remains on schedule. You will also assist with various program reporting needs.
- Lead the planning and implementation of cross-functional, technical projects
- Set up and manage projects using JIRA / Confluence and Clarity
- Lead the definition of project scope and deliverables across teams
- Develop and maintain detailed schedules, work plans and resource maps
- Manage multiple large projects simultaneously working with each business leader
- Provide clear but thorough verbal and written communications to stakeholders at all levels
- Proactively identify, manage and resolve issues and risks
- Ensure project stakeholders and management are kept appropriately informed of project status and that there is sufficient record of meetings and decision-making
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience using different project management methodologies including Scrum/Agile.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite of Products including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence with setting up projects.
Even better if you have:
- Master Degree in Business Administration or Information Systems.
- PMP or related Agile certification.
- Excellent communication & leadership skills.
- Strong, concise documentation, reporting and presentation skills.
- Ability to lead multiple geographically dispersed cross-functional projects and consistently complete them with quality, on time and within budget.
- Effective team player with exceptional organizational and communication skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6728998-engineering-project-manager
• Post ID: 50994898 northdfw