HD Supply (www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations, water infrastructure and residential and non-residential construction sectors. Through approximately 500 locations across 48 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 14,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you re ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications:
Responsible for managing counter sales and customer relations.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Orders products, arranges delivery, contacts customers regarding delivery and updates customers on order status.
- Takes special orders and keep customers updated on progress.
- Acts as liaison between warehouse supervisor and customers.
- Ensures purchase orders are completed. Pulls orders as required.
- Answers telephones and ensures counters are properly stocked.
Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior co-worker and/or supervisor.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED required. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details:
- Demonstrated success providing excellent customer service.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Experience using sales order computer software.
- Knowledge of HD Supply construction and industrial products.
Job ID 2016-16979
Business Unit Construction Industrial WC
Posted Date 4/13/2016
Functional Area Sales
Job Locations US-TX-Irving
• Post ID: 50823368 northdfw