What you’ll be doing...
Do you have one foot planted in the security realm, the other in DevOps automation, and the third in the AWS cloud? When someone mentions an AWS service, is the first thing you think about threat models and mitigation? Do you cringe when you see someone uses the AWS console for anything other than perusing resources?
If so, Verizon is looking for Cloud Security Developers and DevOps Engineers as part of our “Public Cloud First” Journey. If you don’t understand how anyone can consider DevOps automation and security as anything but inseparable, you may be just the individual we are looking for.
At Verizon, we’re seeking highly technical cloud computing security experts with whom DevOps automation is second nature, to work on enabling a secure foundation for hosting critical workloads in AWS. Our Cloud Security Developers will work with our application developers to bring the most secure cloud platform to bear on their problems through automated, repeatable processes.
While you must be able to communicate effectively with our customers to help them understand security issues and solutions as well as continuous delivery/Cloud concepts, this is very much a “hands-on” role. You will be expected to be at home creating automated solutions with CloudFormation, Ansible, Jenkins and other DevOps tools. While effective and articulate communication is essential, being able to breathe life into those ideas with code is equally critical.
- Work closely with AWS security developers to integrate their projects into the production AWS environment and ensure their ongoing support once there. Examples of Security Code and platforms include:
- Lambda Responder Scripts to remediate compliance issues
- CloudFormation to deploy Logging and Monitoring environments
- Security Test Automation Tools such as CFNNAG
- Compliance monitoring tools such as Evident.IO
- Security Group Auditing and Blacklisting code
- Data Protection Templates
- IAM policies for applications
- Gain deep application-level knowledge of the systems as well as contributing to their overall design.
- Be a DevOps champion - work closely with other internal teams to build security, reliability, and scalability into the development lifecycle.
- Dive deep into the software stack to troubleshoot as needed. Provide production support coverage.
- Build engineering automation and productivity tools to streamline and scale applications in the production environment. Extensively employ Jenkins, CloudFormation and Ansible to deploy security platforms and applications. Extensively use Lambda to auto correct production issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application development, deployment and operations.
- Build from the ground up reliable infrastructure services in AWS to deliver highly available and scalable services. Use native AWS infrastructure services such as EC2, EBS, Auto Scaling, Cloudwatch, etc.
- Work with a team of peers who are smart, professional, pull their own weight, and share a passion for what they’re creating.
- A few examples of technologies we work with on a daily basis: AWS, Apache, Redis, MySQL & Postgres, MongoDB, Ansible, Splunk, Github, Jenkins, and JIRA & Confluence.
What we’re looking for...
• Bachelor’s Degree or four or more years of work experience.
• Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Four or more years with AWS/Public Cloud (AWS Certified), seven or more years of DevOps experience or infrastructure experience.
- Four or more years in Security, Compliance and risk management, including privacy, controls, etc.
- Security Skills
- IT Security Frameworks such as NIST, ISO27001, PCI, DSS
- Programming and Ops Skills
- AWS SDK and CLI
- Linux and Windows System Administration
- Public Cloud Services
- Experience with designing and building highly available and scalable infrastructure in AWS
- Expertise with monitoring tools such as DataDog, Cloudwatch, Splunk etc.
- Expertise with Management Services such as CloudWatch, Lambda and AWS Config
- Hands on Experience of Infrastructure and Platform Services such as EC2, Auto Scaling, S3, EBS, ELB, RDS etc.
- Experience and Hands on Skills with Docker, ECS, Kubernetes, and Container Security Tools
- Agile and DevOps Toolsets
- Expertise with JIRA
- Experience with Test Automation Tools such as Ruby, Server Spec
- Expertise with Jenkins, Ansible, Stash, Confluence
- Soft Skills
- Can Do, Customer Centric Attitude
- High Collaboration and Influence Skills
- Willingness to share and learn from others
- Excels in Written and Verbal Communication Skill
- Tolerant of Ambiguity and Changing Environment
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7116316-cloud-security-devops-engineer
• Post ID: 60029253 northdfw