National Fleet Support Center – Accounts Payable
Role and Responsibilities:
This position will report to the Manager of NFSC and will be responsible for providing back office support for Verizon field and Fleet Operations. The selected candidate will supervise employees who manage the day-to-day vendor payable/receivable functions that support Fleet. This position will supervise a direct staff of associate, management and contract employees.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervise a team responsible for processing Fleet’s vendor payments. Processing may include activities such as PO 3-way match, review/research invoice discrepancies, generation of non-PO purchases, processing of refunds, rebates and warranty-recovery. Ensures all invoices are processed, verified, paid and/or credits received on disputed transactions within departmental objectives and policy guidelines.
- Manage vendor administration and billing-statement reconciliation through working knowledge of in-house system interfaces including the Fleet Management System, third-party systems, SAP and PeopleSoft. Ensure transactions and activities are consistent with applicable Verizon policies and procedures.
- Manages nationwide vehicle toll-tag programs including the issuance of all company vehicle assigned toll transponders.
- Prepares support center performance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends. Tracks performance goals of each assigned area of operations utilizing existing tools and reporting and continuously looking for increased performance efficiencies through technology and process improvements.
- Position will be called on to occasionally back-up other positions in the NFSC either due to emergency, scheduled vacation, etc. Successful candidate will have ability to learn other support functions including phone/online support, license, registration and tax (LRT) activities, accident subrogation, GPS and technology support, etc.
Reporting, Metrics and Work Instructions
- Monitor status of invoice activity across Fleet Operations. Ensures workflow processing is consistent with departmental productivity/quality goals and company policies.
- Perform final investigation of all unresolved disputed invoices.
- Collect and verify monthly Toll Tag statements and transactions for payment.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses as required to evaluate effectiveness of all areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Ability to effectively multi-task between emergent needs of the business and routine/scheduled activities
- Conflict Resolution and Client Service Skills
- Proven effective leadership and analytical skills
- Experience developing resolutions to complex problems
- Effective oral and written communication skills with experience in influencing others
- Experience in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Proficient with key systems used in the A/P process including SAP and PeopleSoft, as well as ability to learn proprietary interfaces, data-exchange and supporting OCR/invoice-processing systems in as much as they are direct parts of the work-flow of review, approval and monitoring.
- Accounting experience (plant accounting in a utility setting is a plus)
- Knowledge of Fleet Operations (typical parts and services associated with support of a Fleet), Strategic Sourcing processes, policies and procedures
- Experience in data analysis and supplier assessment
- Fleet experience including knowledge of equipment types, multi-stage vehicle construction processes, etc.
- NAFA or similar fleet-management certifications
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6719696-accounts-payable-supervisor
• Post ID: 50313283 northdfw