Supports the Mobile Backhaul Center of Excellence through direct collaboration with his/her assigned account, for the purpose of promoting Verizon backhaul/fronthaul solutions. The engineer is expected to have detailed knowledge of the Verizon architectures and potential customer solutions. The individual must be able to understand Wireless transport market conditions and respond to changes quickly. As the technical voice of the customer, this role expects real time feedback, alternative designs and proposals, and continual pursuit of making a Verizon a leader in this space.
This individual will report to the Direct of Wireless Transport Marketing.
This role is also expected to sell and implement VPS Global Wholesale mobile backhaul services by:
- Providing detailed plans for supporting their accounts for all Mobile backhaul activities.
- Using existing data analytics tools to drive location based selling opportunities
- Prepare and run business case financial models in support of marketing product pricing and promotional activities.
- Produce financial performance of meeting and exceeding commitment views by selling across multiple account and product lines.
- Facilitate ad-hoc project tracking on as needed basis.
- Bachelor's degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience implementing and managing marketing strategies.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Strong persuasive skills to sell the viability of marketing strategies and decisions. The ability to work well across organizations is critical.
- strong technical marketing skills
- proven experience in customer and market research
- experience developing pricing strategies
- relevant wireless product and industry knowledge
- strong background with relevant software applications
- strong customer presentation experience
- advanced training in business desirable
- experience in high tech or telecommunications industry a plus
- SFDC experience a plus
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- strong presentation skills
- strong organization and planning skills
- strategic thinking
- problem analysis and problem-solving
- adaptability and flexibility
- good judgment
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6495173-wireless-transport-principal-engineer