Software Defined-Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) are disruptive technologies that will reshape the IP and Managed Services portfolio. SDN enables new networking products, transformation of existing products, virtualized appliances and value-add service insertion. As such, SDN demands a fundamentally different approach to product management because it cuts across traditional product silos. It will require a coordinated and sophisticated approach to position Verizon effectively to meet both market demand and client expectations. The total service provider NFV market will grow from $7.3 billion in 2015 to almost $29B in 2020, with a CAGR of 32% with revenue from outsourced services for NFV projects growing from $4.7B in 2015 to $13.7B in 2020 (IHS – January 2017). Based on our market share of existing products, the Verizon addressable market is in the billions annually by 2020.
Product managers in this new role will work in the world class Virtual Network Services team within Verizon which holds a coveted leadership position in the 2017 Gartner global network services magic quadrant. You will need to know NFV and SDN like the back of your hand and have the ability to persevere to get results no matter what is in your way. At Verizon we set out to literally transform the market and that means setting new standards, changing the norms, collaborating with customers, partners and acting quickly. Work in the virtual network services team is fast paced, results based and innovative. Ideally you have experience in managed network services like SD-WAN, security, or other rising areas of network focus and want to transform managed services with the latest in SDN/NFV. Knowledge in the areas of managed services, cloud, SDN/NFV and OpenStack are required. These are not knowledge areas of traditional product managers.
Responsible for acting as a change agent to transform Verizon’s managed services portfolio using SDN/NFV technologies, creating effective collateral for executive level audiences, develop training materials for solution/enterprise architects, collaborating with partners for new offerings, owning pricing/product strategy, writing contracts, conducting market research, monitoring competitive activity, collecting the voice of the customer, driving customer experience, forecasting, tracking/delivering revenue results, developing product communications, supporting monthly operational reviews, providing sales support; and providing interdepartmental support for internal organizations (as needed), including engineering, finance, regulatory, legal, pricing, and marketing communications. Must be familiar with a wide variety of network, security and cloud technologies, as the job requires understanding and coordination with associated network, security and cloud technology teams.
Responsible for product development of managed services deployments which are required to bring NFV functions to market. Analyze business results using key financial metrics including volumes, costs, and profitability to ensure offers supports customer needs while also achieving business case targets such as revenue and margin. “Build the product” through teaming with the operational support teams and managed services product teams who will bring to life the Virtual Network Services. Define product requirements and competitive positioning.
Execute worldwide product launches, price analysis, and sales enablement. Responsible for the development of specific marketing plans, communications, and activities for specific product(s) or product line(s) to establish, enhance or distinguish product placement within the competitive arena. Collaborate with marketing to develop compelling messaging, segmentation and marketing collateral including seller presentations and training materials. Responsible for all aspects of initial go-to-market strategy including customer and analyst presentations, field enablement, campaign strategy, demand generation, and sales promotions.
Routinely interfaces with Customers, Architects, Analysts, Industry, Sales, Go to Market, Channel Marketing and Operations teams.
Enable cross portfolio integration of SDN/NFV into existing products. Create, engage and manage global partner ecosystem. Manage Agile development lifecycle including coordination of any associated IT development.
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- B.S. in engineering, computer science, marketing, business or related. MBA preferred.
- Five or more years of managed services leadership and SDN/NFV experience, preferably a blend of wireless/wireline technologies in applications, virtualization, security and network.
- Leadership acting as a change agent in the managed services space using SDN/NFV to create/enable solutions for various channels such as large enterprise, indirect, federal/government and small/medium business markets.
- Ability to create/articulate a vision and drive teams to achieve business/technical requirements to enable it.
- Expert in crafting impactful messaging to executive internal/external audiences using PowerPoint/Word and meaningful/concise communication to peer groups via e-mail.
- Organized and highly collaborative with soft skills such as emotional intelligence with the ability to build rapport quickly with customers/colleagues.
- Experience using the Agile development process and working daily in JIRA to create epics, features, and user stories with a cross-organizational team.
- Act as trusted adviser for prospects/customers and using the voice of the customer to make customer experience enhancements to the service.
- Expert in forecasting, reporting and tracking month to month metrics to measure performance against business case goals.
- Understanding of SDN/NFV concepts and can effectively present details to technical internal/external audiences.
- Technical knowledge of network (MPLS, internet, wireless) and cloud platforms (OpenStack).
- Experience developing virtualized application integration frameworks both in cloud and in x86 based hardware.
- Network fundamentals including routing protocols and Ethernet access technologies.
- Understanding of overall network architecture and design application for delivery of product segments.
- Ability to create customer facing network topologies, demos and lead customer proof of concept testing.
- Ability to create customer facing operational support systems for virtualized applications.
- Results focused individual with proven business and technical acumen.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6610545-virtual-network-services-product-manager
• Post ID: 49035107 northdfw