Position is responsible for product strategy, management, planning, and delivery of new video software clients, client SDK platform, and client customization for service providers worldwide. Candidate must be a strong leader in product management with experience to drive business requirements and create technical requirements and user stories/journeys. This position will interface directly with internal development teams and with key external stakeholders and customers. Responsibilities include understanding the market evolution for different video delivery ecosystems (managed and unmanaged), driving product strategy for video clients and client SDK and creating product requirements documentation. This position will own product management for video clients (STBs and CE devices) for the Verizon Video Platform program, working directly with customers to understand their business needs and requirements and working directly with software engineers to translate the business requirements into technical specifications. This person will also need to manage the client SDK solution by understanding software developer’s needs and managing mixed priorities from several customers. This person will also lead the product management for CE clients ( connected TVs, game consoles, IP set-top boxes).
- Prepare presentations on project initiatives for mid and upper-level management on a regular basis.
- Assist in the development of product & platform positioning, feature development roadmap, and service requirements.
- Work hands-on with development, QA, designers, business, marketing and sales teams to successfully design, build, and deploy product features
- Deliver business and product requirements documents, feature prioritization, use-cases and write user stories.
- Identify market trends, perform competitive analysis, and assess impact/opportunities for video initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Product management or analyst experience.
- Willingness to travel for business in the United States and internationally (less than 25%).
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Your degree in business or technology field. Even better if you have your MBA or MS in related field.
- Five or more years of product management or analyst experience with technical product lines.
- Experience with consumer video products & technologies.
- New product development experience in an environment, which used a formal lifecycle methodology.
- Experience partnering with UX teams and building new user experiences.
- Experience working with SDK integrations.
- Previous exposure or experience with business case process and development.
- Strong analytical skills and experience. Demonstrated ability to analyze industry and customer usage reports to identify gaps and opportunities for product enhancements.
- Experience with large project teams in matrix organization is desirable. Proven ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, external business partners, and software vendors in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organization skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with the agile software development methodology and experience with JIRA and Confluence tools.
- Previous experience with requirements and bug tracking tools like JIRA and Confluence is a benefit.
- Working understanding of software development process.
- Solid track record of delivering quality products and or systems.
- Knowledge of adaptive bit-rate technology, Multicast delivery, as well as traditional video delivery mechanisms and video on demand.
- Experience crafting custom and easy to use SDKs.
- Knowledge of merchandising (content, offerings, data).
- Four or more years of experience in networking and media processing technologies and software and hardware development exposure.
- Five or more years of video technology experience.
- Three or more years of data, media processing and networking technology development.
- Three or more years of experience with video processing, ad-insertion, content management or video delivery.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6476173-technical-video-product-manager