Position is responsible for product management, planning, development, delivery, and life-cycle management of new video products (STBs and associated hardware) & features, platform enhancements, and advanced technologies for service providers worldwide. Candidate must be a strong leader in product development with systems analysis skills and the ability to take business requirements and create technical requirements and user stories/journeys. This position will interface directly with internal development teams and with key external stakeholders and customers. Responsibilities include performing various support activities for key product management deliverables, including product requirements documentation, product line performance metrics and cross-functional team coordination. This position will be responsible for the development of video CPE (STBs, remote controls, in-home routers) for the Verizon Velocity program, working directly with customers to understand their business needs and requirements and working directly with the hardware design engineers to translate the business requirements into technical specifications. This person will need to control the CPE roadmap for the Velocity program, managing priorities of several customers and STB builds. This person will also be responsible for managing the roadmap of our in-home router family for the Velocity program, tracking product requirements and features.
- Identify market trends, perform competitive analysis, and assess impact/opportunities for video initiatives.
- Deliver business and product requirements documents, feature prioritization, use-cases and write user stories.
- Work hands-on with development, QA, designers, business, marketing and sales teams to successfully design, build, and deploy product features
- Develop Hardware/ Software/ Network requirements and functional specifications. Provide solutions leadership throughout the development process
- Assist in the development of product & platform positioning, feature development roadmap, and service requirements.
- Prepare presentations on project initiatives for mid and upper-level management on a regular basis.
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Product management or analyst experience.
- Willingness to travel for business in the United States (less than 25%).
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Your degree in business or technology field. Even better if you have your MBA or MS in related field.
- Six or more years of product management or analyst experience with technical product lines.
- Experience with consumer video products & technologies
- New product development experience in an environment, which used a formal lifecycle methodology.
- Previous exposure or experience with business case process and development.
- Strong analytical skills and experience. Demonstrated ability to analyze industry and customer usage reports to identify gaps and opportunities for product enhancements.
- Experience with large project teams in matrix organization is desirable. Requires ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, external business partners, and software vendors in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organization skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with the agile software development methodology and experience with JIRA and Confluence tools.
- Previous experience with requirements and bug tracking tools like JIRA and Confluence is a benefit.
- Working understanding of software development process.
- Solid track record of delivering quality products and or systems.
- Knowledge of adaptive bit-rate technology, Multicast delivery, as well as traditional video delivery mechanisms and video on demand.
- Knowledge of merchandising (content, offerings, data) merchandising.
- Four or more years of experience in networking and media processing technologies and software and hardware development exposure.
- Two or more years of experience with in-home networking technologies including WIF protocols and hardware components.
- Two or more years of experience with IoT technologies in a home environment (connected home) and the associated protocols.
- Five or more years of managing development teams on multiple projects with constantly shifting priorities.
- Eight or more years of video technology experience.
- Five or more years of data, media processing and networking technology development.
- Five or more years of experience with video processing, ad-insertion, content management or video delivery.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6476131-technical-video-product-manager