Position is responsible for product management, planning, development, delivery, and life-cycle management of new video products & features, platform enhancements, and advanced technologies for service providers worldwide. Candidate must be a strong leader in product development with systems analysis skills and the ability to take business requirements and create technical requirements and user stories/journeys. This position will interface directly with internal development teams and with key external stakeholders and customers. Responsibilities include performing various support activities for key product management deliverables, including product requirements documentation, product line performance metrics and cross-functional team coordination.
This position will be responsible for the development of Video on Demand / OTT services, Content Ingest, Metadata and Search (to include traditional VOD, lookback/recorded and cloud based services, integration with multiple back office systems, content providers,, internal systems and databases, external guide data providers, set-top boxes and mobile devices). This person will work with internal and external customers and vendors, as well as various engineering teams to translate the business requirements into technical specifications. This person will need to control the IP VOD roadmap for the Verizon video platform (IPTV and OTT), managing priorities of several customers and multiple parallel deployment environments.
- Identify market trends, perform competitive analysis, and assess impact/opportunities for video initiatives.
- Deliver business and product requirements documents, feature prioritization, use-cases and write user stories.
- Work hands-on with development, QA, designers, business, marketing and sales teams to successfully design, build, and deploy product features
- Develop Systems/ Software/ Network requirements and functional specifications. Provide solutions leadership throughout the development process
- Assist in the development of product & platform positioning, feature development roadmap, and service requirements.
- Prepare presentations on project initiatives for mid and upper-level management on a regular basis.
- Bachelor's degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Product management or analyst experience with technical product lines.
- Experience with large-scale VOD/OTT/IPTV video platforms & technologies.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- In-depth experience with VOD content providers and aggregators, ADI XML, external guide data providers and format & content restrictions.
- In-depth experience with content ingest and VOD workflow management. Experience with cathchup / lookback / startover and cloud DVR a major plus.
- Experience with transcoding platforms and DRM integration. 4K experience a plus.
- New product development experience in an environment, which used a formal lifecycle methodology.
- Previous exposure or experience with business case process and development.
- Strong analytical skills and experience. Must be able to analyze industry and customer usage reports to identify gaps and opportunities for product enhancements.
- Experience with large project teams in matrix organization is desirable. Requires ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, external business partners, and software vendors in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organization skills, communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with the agile software development methodology and experience with JIRA and Confluence tools.
- MBA or MS in related field.
- Previous experience with requirements and bug tracking tools like JIRA and Confluence is a benefit, although not required.
- Must be able to travel for business in the United States and internationally (less than 25%).
- Working understanding of software development process.
- Solid track record of delivering quality products and or systems.
- In-depth knowledge of VOD and OTT back office systems and integration, to include both hosted (legacy) and cloud-based deployments. Has successfully managed several VOD or OTT deployments.
- Strong familiarity with VOD metadata standards including ADI XML, CableLabs, and integration with external guide data providers such as TMS/Gracenote, Rovi/TiVo, and others. Exposure to international guide data providers a major plus.
- Functional knowledge of Transcoding and DRM technologies, provisioning and billing (integration with legacy OSS/BSS systems a plus).
- 5+ years of experience in networking and media processing technologies and software and hardware development exposure.
- 5+ Years of managing development teams on multiple projects with constantly shifting priorities.
- 6+ Years of video technology experience
- 5+ Years of data, media processing and networking technology development
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6498442-technical-product-manager-video-on-demand