What you’ll be doing...
Design and layout of communications system projects e.g. Fiber optic networks, cellular antenna deployments, Mobile Network devices, underground line systems, etc.
Design distribution projects in GIS platforms
Deliver completed design projects on time
Coordinate and manage data delivery between various data sources (internal and external)
Conduct analysis to identify trends and deployment factors in an Urban environment including city infrastructure, crime, driving activity/preferences, and demographics
Correlate physical/demographic/civic needs with fiber/mobile infrastructure components
Analyze and propose deployment locations using a layered approach of connectivity/in ground infrastructure, integration/above ground infrastructure, city solutions)
Analyze and evaluate deployment locations using various location based tools (google maps, google earth, etc.) for understanding the actual physical environment
Conduct on site walk thrus of selected locations, further identifying operational/deployment challenges
Produce detailed design documentation supporting the project
Negotiate specific placement with Network Fiber and Cellular teams
Understand and follow the practices and procedures pertaining to technical matters in one or more of the following areas:
• Network communications equipment installation practices
• fiber optic, mobile network design
• GIS technologies
1) Develop detailed solution designs of Smart Communities custoemr opportunities
2) Work with others to develop theories/approaches around ideal placement of network assets, such as cell antenna. This will include incorporating expected customer demand on those assets.
3) Locate, understand and incorporate company GIS and other data, as well as public data (census, state gov) into the analysis, especially to determine customer demand,
4) Leverage GIS tools (likely ESRI ArcGIS desktop) to build models that incorporate the data and reflect the theories to locate new network assets,
5) Communicate model results within company,
6) Accept feedback on model and reiterate as needed
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Two or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Five or more years of experience.
- Four or moreyears of experience with ArcGIS, ESRI, preferably in a Mobile Telecommunications environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with ESRI’s ArcGIS software platform.
- Experienced in Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS).
- Experience in Technical Solutions Architecture within a Smart Cities environment.
- Defined QA/QC practices in regards to large datasets.
- Analytical competence to interact with a variety of individuals including engineers, sales/marketing, customers, and suppliers.
- Communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with all levels in the organization and with outside clients.
- A self-starter able to work with others and to handle multiple tasks.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6787822-site-design-engineer-smart-communities-and-venues
• Post ID: 52352148 northdfw