What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is in search of a Sr. Product Manager in the SDN/NFV area with a special focus on enabling SD-WAN, Wifi & other virtual network functions for mid-tier Enterprise & SMB segment. Software Defined-Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) are disruptive technologies that will reshape the IP and Managed Services portfolio. The total service provider NFV market will grow from $7.3 billion in 2015 to almost $29B in 2020, with a CAGR of 32% with revenue from outsourced services for NFV projects growing from $4.7B in 2015 to $13.7B in 2020 (IHS – January 2017). Verizon holds a coveted leadership position in the 2017 Gartner global network services magic quadrant.
Ideal candidate should be comfortable in fast paced, results oriented and innovative environment focused on next generation network use cases using SDN/NFV technology. Ideally you have experience in managed network services like SD-WAN, Wifi, Analytics or other rising areas of network focus and want to transform managed services with the latest in SDN/NFV. Knowledge in the areas of managed services, cloud, SDN/NFV and virtualization (OpenStack & other virtualization platforms) are required. These are not knowledge areas of traditional product managers.
Looking for strong entrepreneurial attitude who can ideate, collaborate & innovate with startups, traditional vendors as well as internal Engineering teams. This individual will be a self-starter who can lead market research, identify next gen use cases, write business case & requirements around SDN, NFV, Wi-Fi and/or IoT solutions for Enterprise & public sector. The candidate should be able to work in an agile environmentacross stakeholder organizations (including Product Management, Operations, Order Management, Billing, etc.).The role requires cross-functional communication and decision making in order to drive Managed Services objectives.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree of six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more year of relevant work experience.
- Experience in product management, marketing and/or pre-sales.
- Market research, business case creation, product sales enablement, pricing & marketing experience.
Even better if you have:
- Strong Product Development background with key focus on customer experience journey (especially in SMB and/or mid-tier enterprise segment).
- Seven or more of prior experience in product management, marketing and/or pre-sales roles with direct contribution to revenue growth.
- Strong technical background to provide systems perspective and expertise for SD-WAN, Wi-Fi, & IoT products, services & E2E solutions.
- Deep understanding & industry expertise to provide systems perspective and expertise for existing SDN/NFV technologies & vendors.
- Excellent communication skills & lead discussions with pre-sales community customers to identify new market opportunities and use cases.
- Analyze business results using key financial metrics including volumes, costs, and profitability to ensure offers supports customer needs while also achieving business case targets such as revenue and margin.
- Out of the box thinking to identify new vendors, use cases & market opportunities for next generation managed services with SDN & NFV technologies.
- Experience in agile IT development processes and collaboration tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Jive etc.) as well as vendor management.
- Represent Verizon at industry conferences, tradeshows & other partner events.
- Leadership acting as a change agent in the managed services space using SDN/NFV to create/enable solutions for various channels such as large enterprise, indirect, federal/government and small/medium business markets.
- 5+ years of managed services leadership and SDN/NFV experience, preferably a blend of wireless/wireline technologies in applications, virtualization, security and network.
- Expert in crafting impactful messaging to executive internal/external audiences using PowerPoint/Word and meaningful/concise communication to peer groups via e-mail.
- Technical knowledge of network (MPLS, internet, wireless) and cloud platforms (OpenStack).
- Experience developing virtualized application integration frameworks both in cloud and in x86 based hardware.
- Experience in ideation or development of cutting edge applications like Mobile Edge Computing, Blockchain etc.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7080618-product-manager-software-defined-networking
• Post ID: 59060493 northdfw