What you’ll be doing...
The Wireless Business Product Manager is responsible for driving commercial strategy for Push To Talk products and services for Public Sector customers. The Product Manager will be responsible for lifecycle management. The Product Manager be responsible for defining and communicating the roadmap and commercial model to influence Verizon partner products.
This role includes setting and communicating product strategy, establishing routes to markets/channels, and leading the resulting product management efforts. The Product Manager will articulate requirements for all segments, drive those requirements through agile product development processes, support commercial releases in collaboration with the business unit, and provide post-launch support. The position also includes contract negotiation and vendor management for third parties.
A qualified candidate should have experience with developing, managing, or marketing products and services for Wireless customers. (S)he will have a track record working with Business, and Public Sector customers. The Product Manager will have a strong Wireless product development background and demonstrated experience at launching productivity services. Broad understanding of the Wireless industry, Public Sector Segment, and innovation will be a strong plus.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Driving new development initiatives from inception through launch including managing the product development launch process
- Engaging with customers, sales, business unit marketing, and other stakeholders to define the requirements and roadmap
- Evaluating software and/or hardware solutions
- Owning the business execution plan for assigned products and solutions, collaborating with business unit marketing and other teams for delivery of associated revenue and profitability goals
- Identifying ongoing opportunities for operational efficiencies to ensure customer satisfaction, continued revenue growth and increased market share
- Communicating product vision and strategies to varied audiences, including executives and cross functional teams
- Driving quarterly business review with third party vendors to drive business objectives
- Resolving escalated support issues on behalf of customers
- Establishing and maintaining cross-functional relationships with other resources including Product Development, Marketing, Sales, Network, IT, Finance, Legal, and Got-to-Market.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Product Management experience.
Even better if you have:
- Five or more years of Product Management experience.
- Experience working with Public Sector customers.
- Seven or more years of Wireless industry experience.
- Marketing or deployment experience for push to talk services.
- Project management skills to execute on roadmap, moving a project from inception to completion.
- Strong problem solving capabilities –be able to identify and escalate potential issues as well as implement recommended solutions.
- Ability to create use cases with a focus on delivering a quality customer experience.
- Polished written and oral communication skills to reach multiple levels of an organization.
- Ability to work on a team and independently on multiple high priority projects.
- Ability to facilitate collaborative resolution of differences with a “win-win” approach.
- Proven organizational and interpersonal skills, plus proven relationship building abilities.
- MS/MBA preferred.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7144422-manager-product-manager-development
• Post ID: 61512463 northdfw