- Responsible for site scans and reports by executing and analyzing results.
- Experience identifying, tracking/reporting and assisting project teams to resolve Section 508 issues/findings.
- Own documentation of new layouts and processes.
- Provide Accessibility insights to UI Design Reviews.
- Accountable for project defects resolutions
- Utilize Accessibility tools (WorldSpace, Compliance Sheriff, JAWS, FireEyes, etc.) for project and production analysis
- Take part-ownership of manual/automated testing efforts
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Two or more years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of accessibility standards: WCAG 2.0, ADA Section 508 Communications and Video Accessibility Act.
- Experience with Assistive Technology (screen readers, magnifiers, alternative input, etc.)
- Experience with Accessibility tools, like Deque WorldSpace or Cryptzone Compliance Sheriff.
- Strong experience with Excel and PowerPoint.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and employ problem-solving skills to recommend the best solution.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze code for accessibility issues.
- Demonstrated team player with ability to coordinate multiple projects within a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Well organized and excellent communication skills with the ability to speak to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Self-motivated, takes the lead, and can get the job with minimal supervision.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6187278-accessibility-specialist