Warehouse Material Handler
ABOUT US – Parallon Supply Chain Solutions- Our roots are in the hallways of some of America’s top-performing hospitals and our commitment is to bring the expertise we have gained as operators to help drive results. Parallon Supply Chain Solutions creates efficiencies aligned with the needs of clinicians, patients and operations so our customers can maintain quality outcomes.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES – The Material Handler can be responsible for processing the delivery of all inbound freight by packing slip and purchase order, as well as processing all outbound shipments from the warehouse; Responsible for restocking product that has been received into its assigned location; Responsible for processing, picking, packing, staging, and shipping of all customer orders. Inventory accuracy is the job of all warehouse associates.
- Receive and check‐in all product and equipment by packing slip and purchase order.
- Document all receiving via computer or control log.
- Help direct the workflow in the receiving area, setting priorities and meeting deadlines for the receiving function.
- Unload returned totes and returned product from trucks.
- Perform put away of items to storage locations.
- Refill of picking locations.
- Process, pick, pack, and stage customer orders.
- Prepare goods and shipping documents for outgoing shipments.
- Load, ship, and log palletized shipments onto outbound vehicles.
- Keep receiving area, warehouse shelves and aisles clean, organized, and free of hazards and obstructions.
- Maintain effective communication with customers, co‐workers, and other team members.
- Maintain material handling equipment and report any potential problems.
- Advise warehouse supervisor of out‐of‐stock items upon discovery.
- Ensure all shipments are labeled correctly.
- Perform cycle counting as required.
- Rotate inventory stock.
- Perform physical inventory counts during semi‐annual inventory.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Meet and exceed expectations
- Team Player – able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
- Computer Skills –Microsoft Office applications and others if needed
- Policies & Procedures – demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Basic skills – able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
- Flexibility to work various shifts
High School Diploma or GED required
0-1 year of previous warehousing or inventory/merchandising experience preferred
Prior computer experience preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS – Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time. Requires ability to push and pull a variety of carts and material handling equipment. Must be able to climb, stoop, kneel, and reach. Must be able to make substantial movements of the wrists, hands, and fingers. Must be able to hear, see, and communicate through written and verbal means. Requires ability to touch and differentiate textures and temperatures. Must be able to exert up to 75 pounds of force and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 50 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Work is performed inside a warehouse environment that has good ventilation and comfortable temperatures. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=07846-13243&lang=en
• Post ID: 51882733 northdfw