What you’ll be doing...
The Threat Monitoring analyst is considered the front-line of defense for Verizon’s computing environment. Monitoring and analysis of potential and active threats targeting Verizon defines this role. Analysts must be agile, willing to learn, and think outside of the box in order to operate effectively in an ever changing threat landscape. This entry level position provides an opportunity to work in a fast paced collaborative environment defending Verizon from current and future cyber threats.
Responsibilities for the Junior Threat Monitoring Analyst of the Verizon Threat Management Center:
• Monitors and analyzes logs and alerts from a variety of different technologies across multiple platforms in order to identify security incidents affecting the Verizon enterprise •o IDS/IPS
•o Other security technologies
• Assess the security impact of security alerts and traffic anomalies to identify malicious actions in order to escalate up to senior members of the team
• Leverage fundamental understanding of Operating Systems: Windows, Unix/Linux, and OSX Operating Systems in support of identifying security incidents and to have a proper overview of risk profile
• Execute analysis of email based threats to include understanding of email communications, platforms, headers, transactions, and identification of malicious tactics, techniques, and procedures
• Utilize and adhere to defined workflow and processes driving the Threat Monitoring and escalation/handoff actions
• Analyze potential cyber threats from a variety of intakes taking appropriate response actions to include threat containment and/or escalation
• Follow escalation and handoff procedures to team members and leadership based on defined threat and priority determination
• Utilize a variety of security tools and technologies to analyze potential threats to determine impact, scope, and recovery
• Leverage network security tools and capabilities to support Cyber Threat Monitoring activities
• Documents results of cyber threat analysis effectively and prepares comprehensive handoff and/or escalation for CIRT/Intelligence Function teams
• Process tactical mitigations based on results of analysis and determination of threat validity
• Support in writing technical articles for knowledge sharing within the team, when necessary
What we’re looking for...
•Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience
•One or more years of relevant work experience
Ideally, you’ll also have:
•Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of cyber risks and threats related to cyber attackers
•Strong communication and presentation skills along with the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
•Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners
•Demonstrates effective organizational and technical skills
•Effective verbal and written communication skills
•One or more years of Professional Work Experience. This job role is considered entry level with expected scholastic knowledge and limited job-related experience.
•Certification (A+, Network+, Security+) a plus
•Manage multiple priorities in a high pressure environment
•Exhibit initiative, follow-up and follow through with commitments
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7153760-threat-monitoring-analyst
• Post ID: 61512223 northdfw