This position requires a senior architect who would be responsible for requirement, design, coding, testing support/coordination and client coordination for critical programs that are transformational and revenue impacting.
Simplex , One Page Ordering, LEC simplification are transformational programs for VBM and the resource will be fully engaged in making successful delivery of these initiatives.
The resource will work with a team of onshore and offshore resources to develop programs and also work with many other groups within Verizonto successfully deliver these high profile initiatives.
Architecture, design and implementation of large critical programs
1. Support the implementation of IT solutions for key business needs. Work closely with business partners to identify oppurtunities and understand the needs of the business.
2. Work with other onshore and offshore development teams to successfully deliver the programs.
3. Plan and manage time and tasks related to these programs. Balance activities surrounding multiple programs that are developed parallely and ensure that there is no slippage.
4. Develop ways to deliver high quality products by enhancing quality control and thereby reducing effort after the product is delivered
5. Ensure effective communication between onshore and offshore resources. Effectively use the offshore model to reduce the time to market.
Resolve critcal issues impacting customers and support call centers
1. Giving utmost importance to customer experience, ensure that any customer impacting issue is resolved at the earliest.
2. Focus specifically on issues leading to customer disatisfaction and work towards improving churn.
3. Work closely with the end users of the applications (call centers, technicians, external partners) to ensure that any issue impacting them negatively is resolved immediately.
4. Develop ideas of improvement by having constant communication with the end users.
Innovation - develop new ideas to improve customer experience and increase revenue
1. Continuously look for oppurtunities to improve the application.
2. Identify new avenues of revenue generation and cost reduction.
3. Visit the call centers, involve in tech rides to get a direct feedback of the users and understand their needs. This will help to identify new oppurtunities
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Extensive technical knowledge in C#, .NET, Scripting languages, SQL Server.
- Extensive technical knowledge on front end technologies such as AngularJS, JQuery, Foundation and Bootstrap Frameworks
- Expertise in design and architecting Microservices and Single Page applications.
- Experience with open source tools for development.
- Knowledge and experience with Devops.
- Proven experience with development activities for large, complex programs involving multiple application teams.
- Excellent communications skills, experience managing communication with senior leadership.
- Experience with driving teams to arrive at a solution. Ability to coordinate with multiple teams to achieve this.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6738829-systems-engineer
• Post ID: 51166018 northdfw