What you’ll be doing...
Verizon has announced plans to sellits customer facing, Enterprise Cloud Managed Hosting service offerings to IBM. This position is included as part of the planned sale.
Responsible for designing, implementing, and managing enterprise file and block storage solutions. The storage platforms are comprised of shared multi-tenant storage, customer dedicated storage and infrastructure deployments. Primary storage vendors include NetApp, HP/3PAR. Tasks include but are not limited to support of dedicated SAN, Shared SAN, NAS, Shared NAS, and storage switching fabric (Cisco MDS and Brocade).
- Document Storage requirements. Consider product needs, project objectives, basic constraints, etc.
- Design Storage solution, considering requirements, architectural standards, etc.
- Create build documentation, including Visios, build manifests, etc. per standards for work order packages
- Using the Build Configure Verify process, provision Storage per requirements as stated in design and build documents
- Install, implement, and configure Storage (3PAR, NetApp C-mode arrays, NAS, and NetApp 7-mode) and Storage Switching Fabric (Cisco MDS and Brocade).
- Manage and support Storage systems (as listed above), including vulnerability remediation, capacity management, configuration management, etc.
- Ensure that systems are built and maintained according to Secure Configuration Baseline standards and related industry benchmarks
- Respond to and resolve escalations from Implementations, Support, Virtualization Infrastructure Engineering, and Infrastructure Management teams
- Update logical diagrams and maintain current documentation
- Coordinate with other teams as necessary
- Forecast Solution and Capacity for upcoming requirements
- Plan and implement Storage Expansion
- Plan and implement tech refreshes/replacements and migrations of data from one array to another
- Install and configure supported software tools
- Follow Change Management process and document as appropriate
- Create SOPs
- Use work management tools such as CMDB, Implementation Work Orders, and Trouble Tickets (SDP)
- Configure management tools and install/configure 3rd party products
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Two or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Three or more years ofhands-on Storage experience (The hands on experience should include the planning, deployment, configuration and administration of SAN storage.).
- Five or moreyears of Systems Administrations hands on experience.
- Hands-on experience with NetApp: 7-Mode, C-Mode, and migrations from 7 other-mode to C-mode.
- Hands-on experience with storage fabric switches.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of troubleshooting techniques.
- Ability to identifies and resolve problems in a timely manner and analyze information skillfully.
- Advanced organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written (email) communication and interpersonal skills.
- Written documentation skills, including ability to write step-by-step procedures.
- Additional years of experience with any of the technologies above.
- Hands on experience in NetApp 7-Mode, EMC VNX/VMAX,HP 3 PAR.
- Significant experience with UNIX or Linux.
- Significant experience in SAN block-level storage, NAS infrastructure & DR implementation.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience in the technology sector.
- Experience as a systems administrator or server engineer in a large Enterprise IT or managed services organization.
- Ability to create or edit scripts, e.g., for automated tasks. Ability to provide technical guidance and end user training.
- Solution Definition – Design of service delivery components, Solution evaluation and recommendation.
- Solution Deployment – Design detailing of infrastructure components, product evaluation & recommendation, deployment & implementation of infrastructure components, training & change management.
- Additional US job sites considered.
- Candidate should be eligible to apply for Federal Public Trust clearance.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6714948-storage-infrastructure-engineer-3par
• Post ID: 50238953 northdfw