What you’ll be doing...
The SDN/NFV Orchestration & Assurance Development team is a part of the Corporate Network & Technology organization. This organization is principally concerned with the strategic technology evolution across Verizon wireless and wire-line with specific focus on orchestration, service assurance and life cycle management of virtualized network functions.
Focus for this SDN/NFV Orchestration and Assurance VNF Onboarding position is on developing solutions to enable the redesign of day-to-day wireline & wireless network operations functions required to support the SDN/NFV adoption, while incorporating newly defined DevOps functions, an end to end service assurance framework and automation principles to work towards a zero touch operating environment.
A qualified candidate would need to exhibit significant experience across the following areas:
- Understanding of wireline & wireless IT network operations workflow, procedures and rules of engagement
- A deep understanding of Datacenter virtualization technologies (servers, networks and software stacks), monitoring tools and processes
- Analysis and development of new operational procedures leveraging all of the benefits of an SDN-enabled environment
- Develop and manage documentation covering all operational changes and transition plans envisioned for all targeted SDN-enabled platforms.
- Engage both the internal and external program management teams to develop network strategy and robust plans for component and application level transition to an SDN operations model
- Build and maintain consensus with all impacted operations organizations on the transition plans and benefits of SDN
- Proven ability to shape transformation strategies and drive innovative thinking
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Wireline, wireless telecommunications, or IT industry experience.
- Knowledge of the 4G Evolved Packet System architecture.
- Knowledge of the standards (3GPP, 3GPP2, IETF, GSMA, etc.) specifications.
- Knowledge in IP networking, Application traffic flows, and Security best practices.
- Experience in supporting application virtualization within a service provider network.
- Knowledge of SDN, NFV, OpenStack, Docker, Containers Concepts as well as the FCAPS model to support Service level orchestration and assurance.
- Experience linking and communicating procedural change to financial and operational benefits.
Even better if you have:
- Proven experience in transforming longstanding procedures within Verizon Wireless operation organizations.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly. Ability to perform independent system analysis, design and plan implementation, paying special attention to details and objectives OpenStack CLI commands and administration.
- Linux/Unix scripting especially for TCP/IP stack, Firewalls (iptables), DNS, VPNs etc.
- Experience with deployment or use of configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible, Jenkins.
- Familiarity with network device configuration and management (Juniper, Cisco) with NetConf network configuration protocol and YANG data model.
- Experience with CLI configuration of Cisco, HP, or Juniper switches and routers, Palo Alto firewalls, f5 load balancers.
- Networking services consisting of Virtual and Physical Network Functions.
- Familiarity or experience with Open Source technologies and Software Defined Networking principals or system.
- Knowledge of wireline networks and services – Private and Public IP network services, Switched Ethernet Services, Managed network services using Viptella, Versa.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7055548-senior-vnf-engineer
• Post ID: 58341628 northdfw