Do you have an analytical as well as investigative mindset? Do you want to pair that with your knowledge of the healthcare field? Parallon is seeking candidates with revenue cycle/patient financial services experience to be Senior Underpayment Analyst.
We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
Parallon, a division of HCA, is an industry-leading provider of patient financial and revenue cycle services to acute care providers across the United States. We are dedicated to our values and passionate about finding future leaders for our fast-growing divisions in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Although we are the largest healthcare provider in the world and experts and leaders in revenue cycle services, we maintain a people-first culture and sense of community.
As an Senior Underpayment analyst, you would be responsible for researching and resolving High Dollar Insurance Payer Underpayments through concise understanding of Payer Contract language and respective payment calculation. Position requires individuals with high mathematical acumen, ability to access and assimilate data, articulate a strong case, confidence, and strong persuasion skill set. Results oriented individual will be required to work through various options available to liquidate the most difficult high dollar underpayments. Candidate will demonstrate ability to grow strategic payer relationships and obtain understanding of payer system to navigate through claims processing centers. Critical thinking skills are necessary, as well as ability to see trends that require escalation to the Payment Compliance Director. Responsible for bundling similar cases not resolved through the standard Payment Compliance process and escalate to Dispute Resolution Team for legal action.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzes hospital claims to identify contractual underpayments or billing errors.
- Resolves underpaid claims from various payer products including HMO, PPO, Medicaid, Medicare and Workers' Compensation.
- Articulates contract provisions to representatives from healthcare payer companies and government agencies.
- Contacts payer companies via phone or correspondence and initiates request for payment.
- Performs appropriate follow up with Payer and gains commitment for payment.
- Escalates Payer lack of response and/or lack of payment within Payer organization as appropriate.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=08950-132961&lang=en
• Post ID: 51546353 northdfw