What you’ll be doing...
If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates, then this job may be perfect for you. As part of the Information Technology team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will use your expertise to solve complex problems and find unique solutions. You will analyze data and select methods & techniques for obtaining information and reaching solutions, and independently evaluate multiple inter-related factors. The work you’ll do every single day will make people’s lives, work and play better.
- Utilize the lasted testing tools and ancillary software such as Selenium, Jira and Jenkins. Also, utilize Java to create extensive scripts.
- Work as a domain expert in diverse strategic complex Enterprise initiatives.
- Exhibit in-depth knowledge of the business processes involving architecture, relationship between systems, and systems flow of end-to-end designs for network and engineering systems.
- Partner with business counterpart to evaluate business need and solution's alignment with user experience.
- Build a strong business / end to end flow ownership among the certification team.
- Partner with development teams and other System Test organizations, project PMs to collaborate and communicate issues and risks to make the certification process visible, effective and on-time.
- Transform functional, business and system knowledge into effective test case planning and execution.
- Maintain & develop custom scripts or code for automation using automation testing tool.
- Exhibit analytical skill and ability to solve complex business problems.
What we’re looking for...
- An Associate’s degree in related area or equivalent work experience.
- Two or more years of Java Development experience.
- Two or more years of Selenium.
- Experience as a lead Automated Quality Assurance tester in a large applications environment.
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle phases, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Good understanding of computing software, hardware and networking infrastructure.
- Strong experience with DevOps.
- Specific knowledge in NFV/SDN (benefits, technologies, key vendors, use cases, etc.).
- Very good understanding of SDN/NFV concepts and the ecosystem - SDN controller, ONF, ETSI NFV, Opendaylight, Openstack, VMWare.
- Understanding of Procedural Language/Structured Query Language, HTML, HyperText Markup Language, Structured Query Language (SQL) Server and Oracle.
- Experience in Cloud technologies & ecosystems DOCKERS, Elasticity Manager, etc.
- Experience working with networking technology using Layer 2/ 3 switches, configuring routers (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel, Tellabs, ANDA, Fujitsu) with CLI commands and firewalls, QTP and Selenium Java Scripting.
- Expertise in test architecture, automation scripting with ability to design, build, test and deploy end to end solution for complex applications on different browsers and operating systems.
- Hands on experience working in an Agile development environment using tools such as Eclipse, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, GIT.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience inTest Data Management, Data Analytical tool, Robot framework.
- Solid teamwork & collaboration skills with the proven ability to innovate and lead cross functional teams.
- Excellent communication & stakeholder management skills.•Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
CERTIFICATIONS are a plus
Cisco: CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice
Microsoft: MCP Windows 7, MCTS SQL Server 2008, MCSA Windows 2008 Server
CompTIA: A+, Network+, Security+
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6745238-senior-quality-assurance-automation-engineer
• Post ID: 51166033 northdfw