The Lifecycle Engineer will be the trusted advisor to Verizon managed services customers. The Lifecycle Engineer performs strategic planning and design, optimization, and steady state change management on a variety of network technologies that may include routed/switched network, wireless, or VoIP for large enterprise data networks. The position serves as the primary engineering interface to the customers and supports the design and implementation of customer's enterprise network projects and comprises the following activities:
- Work with customer technical teams to provide solutions for customers' internetworking communications requirements
- Investigate, design, plan, and implement physical and logical communications networks
- Prepare schematics to define and illustrate network design solutions
- Prepare work orders containing instructions to be used by technicians to configure network hardware and software
- Perform router/switch network hardware/software upgrades
- Provide IP Routing Strategy - Routing Protocol Development (BGP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, Etc.)
- Provide IP Addressing Strategy - NAT, Re-Addressing
- Perform WAN - IP Routed Network Integration
- Interface with different network supporting organizations such as Operations (NOC), Security, Voice, Datacenter, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Network devices, Cisco routers, Switches
- Current Cisco CCNA or CCNP certification.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Six or more years hands on experience configuring and troubleshooting Network devices, Cisco routers, Switches.
- Experience with Cisco LAN routing, switching, WAAS, Security (DMVPN), Voice, and Wireless LAN products.
- Experience with Juniper routing, switching, and Security products a plus
- Experience with Cisco IWAN, APIC E are a plus.
- Experience with SD WAN are also plus.
- Demonstrated SME level knowledge of "field related" specialty
- Achieved trusted Advisor relationships with clients.
- Experience presentingto C-level audiences.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6641424-lead-engineer-consultant
• Post ID: 49162355 northdfw