What you’ll be doing...
The DevOps Coach will be a hands-on engineering leader with deep software architecture and programming skills, and DevOps/SDLC platform and tooling experience. In this role, you will work closely with teams to transform the way they work, leveraging Agile, DevOps, and Cloud principles and practices by providing deep technical guidance. The role will operate in a “Dojo” environment and will be responsible for driving and accelerating learning by using immersive learning tools to improve operational efficiencies.
- Provide hands-on technical coach, accelerating the learning of Engineers across Verizon
- Partner with engineering teams to design and implement scalable, secure, and high performance solutions that enable development teams to move faster.
- Drive strategy, patterns, (and working code) for how we apply Cloud native development & test automation practices across Verizon.
- Drive innovation by assessing, piloting, building DevOps/Cloud tooling and services to improve overall developer experience and productivity.
- Participate in Cloud Native Development & DevOps engineering communities of practices across the organization.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in the DevOps space and has a strong understanding of the roadmap, trends and industry practices.
- Identifies the need for new security technology solutions; designs, reviews and collaborates on the deployment of new solutions.
- Acts as a resource for direction, training and guidance across IT.
What we’re looking for...
- A Bachelor's degree or six or more years of equivalent experience.
- Programming language proficiency (Java/Ruby/C/C++/Node.JS/Python etc.)
- Three or moreyears using Agile, Lean, and DevOps practices
- Two or more years of RESTful API developmentwould be helpful
- Five or moreyears of application development experience would be a plus
- Strong proven ability to guide/lead teams and individuals toward beneficial outcomes
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment technologies such as: Bamboo, Cruise Control, Continuum, Jenkins CI, and Artifactory
- Contributing to Open Source projects is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to drive strong Testing practices (TDD/BDD, Test Automation, CI, etc…)
- Experience with test-driven development frameworks for application and infrastructure code
- Experience with telemetry solutions such as: DataDog, Sensu, Graphite, Influxdb,
- Experience with logging and reporting solutions such as: Logstash, Elasticsearch, and Kibana (ELK), Grafana, or Splunk
- Understanding of automation practices throughout the development, build, and deployment phases of the application life-cycle
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure-as-a-service platforms: AWS, Google Compute Engine, Azure, Soft Layer, OpenStack, etc…
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools such as: Chef, Puppet, and Ansible
- Experience with orchestration template technologies such as: OpenStack Heat, AWS Cloud Formation, Azure Resource Manager, Google Cloud Deployment Manager, and Hashicorp Terraform
- Experience developing cloud-native applications that adhere to microservices and twelve-factor application principles.
- Experience with programming and scripting languages: Ruby, Go, Python, Perl, bash, ksh
- Experience with development using Github or Bitbucket
- Experience with infrastructure automation, infrastructure as code, automated application deployment, monitoring/telemetry, logging, reporting/dashboarding, and continuous delivery technologies
- Experience in building high-performance infrastructures that are scalable and resilient
Demonstrated ability to create clear and detailed technical diagrams and documentation
Proven ability to roll up your sleeves and implement alongside the other engineers being coached and developed
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6791315-senior-devops-engineer-coach
• Post ID: 52453018 northdfw