What you’ll be doing...
If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates, then this job may be perfect for you. As part of the Information Technology team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will use your expertise to solve complex problems and find unique solutions. The work you’ll do every single day will make people’s lives, work and play better.
The Senior Build and DevOps Engineer will be responsible for development, maintenance and execution of tools and processes that build, deploy, automate and streamline code management and the product deployment processes. They will also partner with the team to develop, improve, and document build, CICD processes and procedures. They will be responsible for software source code, change control, configuration, build and deployment process for java and .Net based applications. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player with excellent analytical, problem solving, and collaboration skills.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- BS degree in Computer Science.
- Experience in administration and configuration of continuous integration tools like Jenkins or similar tools.
- Experience in administration of source code management tools like Git/Stash.
- Experience with Artifactory or similar tools.
- Experience with build frameworks and technologies such as ANT, MAVEN.
- Experience in working with build projects for large distributed java applications.
- Experience in code merges for large multiple streams including complex merges of reference data.
- Experience with workspace and build management for common components.
- Experience with automating Sonar and Fortify in scans.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment process.
- Experience with builds in Java.
- Knowledge with PERL, Shell scripting.
- Knowledge with Android and/or iOS build system.
- Knowledge of Application and Web Servers (e.g. WebLogic, WebSphere, Apache, tomcat etc.)
- Familiarity with Groovy or Python scripting.
- Familiarity with Gradle and Xcode.
- Good understanding of source control branching and merging procedures and standards.
- Good Understanding of software configuration management practices.
- Familiarity with AWS, Docker.
- Familiarity with Configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, and Ansible etc.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6766896-senior-build-and-devops-engineer
• Post ID: 51821848 northdfw