What you’ll be doing...
Software-defined networking (SDN), network functions virtualization (NFV), and network virtualization (NV) are becoming mainstream revenue channel to the next generation of networking in services. Understanding these technologies and creating solutions that is critical for Verizon Enterprise Solutions’ future. This person will identify and develop SDN products and technologies in the market place that can be adopted in Verizon and closely work with Marketing and Network planning teams to create solutions.
- Provide Hands-on technical leadership in designing and deploying SDN/NFV solutions that accommodate Verizon’s offering and technologies across organizations.
- Provide analytical and competitive technical analysis and business impact of new solutions.
- Collaborate across multiple delivery teams (Architects, Product, Sales, MNS) on future strategies and technical initiatives.
- Demonstrate business and technical capabilities of solutions to all level of organizations and potential customers
- Identify technical and business issues and drive resolutions via collaboration with stakeholders and vendors.
What we’re looking for...
You view technology through a lens of making things better and more effective. Understanding and creating continual improvements to the digital value chain is something you thrive on. You enjoy the process of solving complex technical issues while empowering the team around you to do the same. People count on you to have strong domain experience.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with SDN and Cloud architecture and technologies including VMware, Openstack, Openflow and OpenDaylight,NFV MANO solutions e.g. OSM,ECOMP,OpenBaton etc,Python, OVS and VXLAN.
Even better if you have:
- Vendor specific implementation of SDN from Cisco, Juniper, Ericsson, etc.
- 6+ years of experience working in a design role for large-scale networks and working with Service Providers specific L2/L3 network use cases.
- Experience in Packet-Switched Data, Ethernet Switching and Trunking, PPP, TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6, MPLS and MPLS/VPN, IPSec, GRE tunnels, VRF configuration, Network Firewalls and Interconnects.
- Advanced knowledge and practical expertise inrouting protocols e.g.BGP and MPLS.
- Ability to work in a team and independently on multiple high priority projects. Ability to manage multiple high-visibility, complex technical projects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7153650-sdn-solutions-engineer
• Post ID: 61512383 northdfw