What you’ll be doing...
The PMTS is responsible for end-to-end ownership of multiple vendor applications running within the Verizon Cloud Platform. This position will function as the lead engineer and subject matter expert for the Base Network Controller (BNC) for the new Verizon One Network and the DHCP Server for Public and PIP to support Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP).
Design and Performance:
Responsible for leading the implementation of feature designs and will provide feedback and engineering solutions to solve performance and fault tolerance issues (within the cloud and\or with the VNFs). They will partner with HQ Planning, VZW NNO, IT, M.E. and other cross-functional teams to ensure new features and\or fixes are swiftly rolled out with no negative impact to customers or system performance. Lead in defining system and network variables to appropriately benchmark the system to ensure all reliability and performance metrics are met.
This position will require independent thinking and a creative mindset with the ability to provide real-time visibility into system health and performance by leveraging existing tools or developing new tools. Able to identify deficiencies and improve on them through automation, to help improve the uptime and add operational efficiencies of managing the system.
Subject matter expert for the BNC and DHCP server within the group and externally. Host and\or actively participate in meetings with key stakeholders regarding the roadmap planning and performance testing. Mentor junior team members on system design, cloud computing and networking concepts. Provide concise weekly updates to management and effectively present project status to leadership.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in telecommunications.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in CS.
- Five or more years of experience in telecommunications.
- Proficient one or more scripting languages (Perl, Python, Shell, Ruby).
- Experience with Linux systems in an enterprise production environment.
- Experience with OpenStack and SDN/NFV.
- Knowledge of Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) and data modeling language YANG.
- Experience developing REST based web services.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networking, load balancing, firewalls, HTTP, SSL, DNS, DHCP.
- Ability to quickly analyze situations, identify problems, and provide solutions.
- Ability to lead \ drive projects to completion.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6793452-principal-engineer
• Post ID: 52567118 northdfw