The Principal Lifecycle Engineer will lead a work group and/or development of broad programs or projects in support of organizational strategies. Communicates & translates functional/operational goals into team goals. The Principal Lifecycle Engineer performs strategic planning and design, optimization, and steady state change management on a variety of network technologies including routed/switched network, wireless and VoIP for large enterprise data networks. The position serves as the primary engineering interface to the customers and supports the design and implementation of customer's enterprise network projects and comprises the following activities:
- Work with customer technical teams to provide solutions for customers' internetworking communications requirements
- Investigate, design, plan, and implement physical and logical communications networks
- Prepare schematics to define and illustrate network design solutions
- Prepare work orders containing instructions to be used by technicians to configure network hardware and software
- Perform router/switch network hardware/software upgrades
- Provide IP Routing Strategy - Routing Protocol Development (BGP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, Etc.)
- Provide IP Addressing Strategy - NAT, Re-Addressing
- Perform WAN - IP Routed Network Integration
Interface with different network supporting organizations such as Operations (NOC), Security, Voice, Datacenter, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Minimum of 6 years hands on experience configuring and troubleshooting Network devices, Cisco routers, Switches
- Current Cisco CCNA Voice/Collaboration or CCNP Voice/Collaboration certification required
- Experience with Cisco LAN routing, switching, WAAS, Security (DMVPN), Voice, and Wireless LAN products
- Experience with Juniper routing, switching, and Security products
- Experience with Cisco IWAN, APIC E are a plus.
- Experience with SD WAN are also plus
- Must have demonstrated SME level knowledge of "field related" specialty
- Has achieved trusted Advisor relationships with clients
- Experience presenting to C-level audiences
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6388564-principal-engineer