Responsible for the development of Agile user stories/requirements for network requirements, design, capacity planning, technical management, network, financial and cost analyses, business case and budget development, management and tracking for the FiOS/FTTP Network. Functions for this position include planning the FTTP Access Platform for existing and new Residential and Business Services, Switched Ethernet Service (SES), network transformation evolution and support (development, planning and implementation) over shared infrastructure with FiOS. This position will support the Agile work that’s presently been scheduled for the introduction of NGPON2.
Position requires a highly motivated, self-starter able to work independently and collaboratively within a diverse technical team with minimal guidance from management.
Job functions include:
- Field Trial, Lab Testing, and equivalent of First Office Application (FOA) Plan development, coordination and management, including vendor technical management.
- Development of business and systems requirements and working with organizations involved towards IT development and delivery of necessary OSS capabilities.
- Assessing and developing technical requirements and making recommendations that become the plan of record used by cross functional teams to guide lab testing, field trials, and first office application for equipment supporting the FiOS platform implementation and evolution.
- Develop equipment requirements based on assessment of business needs, technical capability, availability timeline, and manage vendor to produce product, and cross functional teams to drive testing and implementation programs. Must obtain agreement among all internal and external stakeholders, resolve project conflicts and potential roadblocks, and manage execution of plans.
- Complete business case analysis to identify viable solutions, perform financial assessments, and recommend appropriate course of action to meet business needs at optimal cost.
- Achieve general availability for new equipment and improvements by taking lead in directing the cross functional team and quickly communicating gating issues with leadership to resolve issues, and schedule and perform testing and FOA migrations to drive successful completion.
- Work independently to quickly grasp detailed component level understanding of various network elements and systems and issue deployment or conversion plans to drive FiOS programs forward, including defining IT development requirements and business cases. Complete IT requirements, secure funding, and manage development of OSS software to manage new equipment and capabilities supporting NG-PON2 implementation.
Detailed responsibilities and accountabilities include:
- Development of planning documentation including Deployment Plans and Information Letters
- Network, technical, cost and detailed business analyses of alternative solutions, Technical or Business with recommendation of path forward.
- Leading resolution of platform, technical and planning issues with suppliers and Verizon cross functional teams
- Development of business, service requirements and other technical/planning requirements
- Business case and budget creation, analysis, management and tracking
- Facilitate lab testing and equipment configuration development
Youwill interact with leadership team through VP/SVP level within assigned organization and on cross functional teams, both internal and external, across stakeholder departments including Engineering, Operations, IT, Labs, Sourcing, Capital Management.
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience in the planning and design of telecommunications networks
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- BS Engineering; MS Engineering or equivalent degree preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in the following:
- Experience-based familiarity with at least one of the following PON systems: G.983 B-PON, G.984 GPON, G.987 XG-PON, G.989 NG-PON2.
- Experience with the OMCI software development.
- Knowledge of FTTP / Optical Access and/or Transport technologies (e.g. BPON, GPON, NG-PO2, DWDM, SONET, OTN) and ITU-T PON system Recommendations.
- Knowledge of Switched Ethernet Service (SES) with particular focus on SES over GPON.
- Knowledge of IT systems and Operational methods.
- Knowledge of Business Case and budget creation, analysis, management and tracking.
- Knowledge of engineering economics and ability to perform economic analyses.
- Highly motivated, self-starter able to work independently and collaboratively within a diverse technical team.
- Strong oral presentation and writing skills.
- Confident, proactive and flexible, able to identify critical tasks and milestones and to make progress on multiple simultaneous tasks.
- Skilled with business tools including Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6765972-network-infrastructure-planning
• Post ID: 51821533 northdfw