The Incident Response Analyst role is a position providing an opportunity to work in a fast paced environment defending Verizon from current and future cyber threats. This position is considered the front-line of Cyber Incident Response and plays a crucial role in Verizon’s enterprise computing defense. Analysts must be agile, willing to learn, and able to think outside of the box in order to operate effectively in an ever changing threat landscape.
- Utilizes and adheres to defined workflow and processes driving the Incident Response and mitigation efforts
- Collects supporting information and/or relevant artifacts in support of Incident Response activities
- Escalates and hands offs to team members and leadership based on defined threat and priority determination
- Conducts technical analysis against impacted systems to determine impact, scope, and recovery from active and potential cyber incidents
- Leverages basic Forensics tools, techniques, and capacities to support Cyber Incident Response activities
- Documents results of cyber threat analysis and subsequent remediation and recovery in an effective and consistent manner.
- Bachelor’s degree or oneor more years of work experience.
- One or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Previous Information Assurance or Cyber Experience
- Fundamental knowledge of Mobile Platforms: Windows Phone, iOS, Android
- Foundational Knowledge of Enterprise Anti-Virus, IDS, Full Packet Capture and Host/Network Forensics
- Understanding of Networking (including the OSI Model, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP), System Administration, and Security Architecture
- Knowledge of Incident Response Frameworks and Handling Procedures
- Program and Scripting Experience
- Previous experience with Regex
- Knowledge and fundamental understanding of Operating Systems: Windows, Unix/Linux, and OSX Operating Systems
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of cyber risks and threats related to cyber attackers
- Strong communication and presentation skills along with the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners.
- Demonstrates effective organizational and technical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with one or more years of Professional Work Experience.
- Related Certification (A+, Network+, Security+) a plus
- Exhibit initiative, follow-up and follow through with commitments
- Ability to comply with any regulatory requirements
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6648164-incident-response-analyst
• Post ID: 49202117 northdfw