DevOps Engineers embrace our motto to ensure thousands of Verizon developers can access the industry’s best Software Engineering platform without a glitch. As a DevOps Engineer and Systems Administrator, you own and support the needs of SDLC platform infrastructure systems. You're highly technical and work directly with other server and service owners to ensure reliability and sustainability of the platform infrastructure. This position is part of DevOps Engineering Team’s System Administrators who are responsible for 24x7 support of mission-critical applications, assisting in the administration of the organization’s LINUX server environment, hosting various tools used by CI/CD.
- Administer Linux Servers hosting various DevOps Tools within the established process.
- Provide support for data backups, backup verification, and application monitoring.
- Maintain disaster recovery plans and test them on a continual basis to ensure the minimum downtime.
- Work with the application vendors to isolate troubles, implement application software upgrades.
- Troubleshoot performance bottlenecks on applications with internal customers across all system layers.
- Monitor load balance on servers and make appropriate recommendations.
- Setup application monitoring using Nagios, Dynatrace, AppDynamics.
- The position requires working on a 24/7 shift pattern on a rotational schedule as well as covering weekends/holidays.
- Coordinate with other technical staff to implement changes to the application and systems
- Document processes, procedures, configurations, and deployment plans.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally you’ll also have:
- Three or more years of Linux experience with RedHat and/or other Linux flavors.
- Two or more years using Agile, and DevOps practices.
- One or more years of networking experience: Demonstrated understanding of networking such as load balancing, firewalls, switches and TCP/IP.
- One or more years configuring / using any of the monitoring tools Nagios, Dynatrace, AppDynamics.
- Experience with infrastructure automation, infrastructure as code, automated application deployment, monitoring/telemetry, logging, reporting/dash board development, and continuous delivery technologies.
- Experience with logging / reporting solutions: Logstash, ELK and Elastic Search.
- Setting up and maintaining any of these tools JIRA, Jenkins, Stash, Confluence, Sonar, Artifactory.
- Commitment to automate repetitive tasks.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well within a distributed team environment.
- Ansible automation experience.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6629578-devops-engineer
• Post ID: 49141081 northdfw