What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Threat Response Advisory Center (VTRAC) uses cyber intelligence to enable Verizon, its security services, and their customers to prevent, detect, and respond to security incidents. The VTRAC aggregates cyber threat data and intelligence, uses it for analysis and research, and provides both structured data and written analysis products to internal and external stakeholders.
We are seeking trustworthy and qualified team members to expand and enhance our activities involved in meeting these objectives. Day-to-day responsibilities will be dependent upon the area of specialization, but all successful applicants will undertake tasks across multiple VTRAC roles at varying levels. All team members will help deliver client-facing services the VTRAC provides or supports. Junior analysts will start with an emphasis on intelligence collection and actor tracking, and grow into a role that involves more report writing and product delivery.
- Conduct cyber intelligence operations including intelligence collection (especially indicators of compromise/IOCs), tracking threat actors, identifying and tracking malicious assets and infrastructure
- Respond to research requests from Verizon security businesses and clients with timely and accurate assessments
- Proactively research relevant threats and produce reports and intelligence products.
- Support prototyping and continuous development/integration of tools to store, exchange, and analyze threat and incident data
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- 1-3 years of experience researching threat actors and threat groups within the cybercrime ecosystem
- Knowledge of and experience with security monitoring methodologies such as packet capture, flow data (NetFlow), patterns, watch lists, black lists, log parsing, correlation, classification, event generation, taxonomy, or filtering
- Familiarity with intelligence analysis, including analytic tradecraft, and demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Familiarity with link-analysis methods and software (Maltego, Palantir, Analyst Notebook). Ability to quickly develop effective solutions to unique problems using a combination of existing tools and custom code/scripts
- Familiarity with and understanding of current hacking techniques, vulnerability disclosures, data breach incidents, and security analysis techniques
- Excellent character and discretion in handling sensitive information
Even better if you have:
- Experience with Linux/Unix and an understanding of database technologies
- Basic ability to program and familiarity with Python, Bash and SQL
- A good level of networking expertise and understanding of routing principles
- Familiarity with concepts and technologies related to Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Hadoop and data reduction technologies
- Non-vendor specific certifications such as CISSP and preferably SANS/GIAC
- Current US government clearance or the ability to acquire one
- Proven ability to design, draft, and publish high-quality technical and business-level reports, studies, whitepapers, and blogs
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6751241-cyber-intelligence-analyst
• Post ID: 51469188 northdfw