The Learning & Development (L&D) Consultant of Learning Effectiveness Analytics delivers meaningful data and stories used to make learning at Verizon better each day because Better Matters. L&D’s purpose is to help drive success of our company’s business priorities. This position studies and makes actionable information out of L&Ds impact on business priorities. This Consultant serves all of Verizon’s business units and departments and directly supports requests from L&Ds VP and Directors.
- Influences L&Ds measurement strategy and defines measurement standards
- Builds, optimizes, and evolves processes
- Creates solutions and tools for measurement and analytics
- Leads complex data analysis
- Visualizes data in flat or interactive formats
- Creates stories and dashboards that illuminate analysis
- Manages stakeholders / business partners to execute solutions
- Projectmanages requests / needs through process
- Compares Verizon’s L&D data to industry benchmarks
Learning Effectiveness Analytics encompasses measurement for:
- Training data analytics (i.e., hours and activities forecasting, historical learning volume analysis by delivery method/location/dept/etc., learning tax credits, industry award submissions, delivery staff modeling, corporate data requests)
- Training investment calculations and analysis
- New hire employee post-learning performance (i.e., time to competency)
- Trainer/content developer/program effectiveness
- ROI case studies for courses/programs/delivery methodologies/learning systems or applications
- Industry benchmarking
Bachelors degree in Business Administration or related area of study required
Ability to navigate and make sense of big data sets and unfamiliar data (data cleaning, dealing with missing data, spotting mistakes, integrating data from multiple sources, standardization of data).
Successful use of applied statistics with strong attention to detail and precision with data.
Understanding of the difference between correlation and causation.
Strong understanding of talent development measures and principles (i.e., Phillips ROI methodology).
Experience with Return on Investment calculations including translating performance impact to financial valuation.
Experience developing measurement plans and writing impact studies that include isolating the effects of the solution.
Knowledge of process design principles (i.e., Six Sigma).
Experience designing/writing process flows, decision trees, and step/action tables.
Ability to write effective measurement surveys and translate the results to business recommendations/actions.
Ability to negotiate data sourcing agreements with stakeholder partners.
Ability to define measurement needs and translate to requirements for data owners/IT.
Strong project management and organization skills.
Strong critical thinking, decision making, and prioritization skills.
Strong analytical and statistical skills (i.e., regression analysis).
Strong presentation and storytelling skills.
Experience creating interactive data visualizations (i.e., in Tableau, Cognos Workspace or like tool) preferred.
High level of integrity required given this position works with sensitive types of data.
Comfortable working with across all business units and departments including Finance, IT, Customer Service Operations, Sales Operations, HR.
Ability to work effectively in a virtual team.
Excellent team player with strong networking skills.
Able to work with a high level of autonomy.
Ability to differentiate between use/application of firm business rules vs. adhering to guidance.
Expert proficiency with MS Excel and/or Google Sheets.
Strong proficiency with MS PowerPoint and Word or Google equivalent.
Proficiency with MS Visio or like tool preferred.
Experience using statistical tool like SPSS or Minitab is preferred.
Experience with SQL and query writing preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6761247-senior-learning-and-development-analyst
• Post ID: 51725378 northdfw