This is a high visibility position that will report to the Vice President of Fleet and will be responsible for supporting internal and external business-partners by planning and implementing support-center strategies and operations; improving systems and processes; managing staff. This position manages the national fleet support center which includes several specialized functions including, invoice and payment reconciliations, violations and subrogation processes, vehicle license and registration and third-party accident claims processing. In addition, the selected candidate will manage both internal and external 24-hour roadside-assistance and maintenance requests program by working closely with vendor(s) and monitor their performance to ensure requirements and improvements efforts are being met. The position is also responsible to establish, manage and update business-continuity plans with regard to fleet-support activities and work closely with peers to coordinate those plans with other fleet activities.
This position is a people leader responsible to manage a direct staff of 4-5 employees and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
Support Center Operations Manager Job Duties:
- Establish and oversee the management of call-center and support functions which include but not limited to, workforce management – forecasting call volumes, attendance scheduling and performance management leading to optimized employee experience. Ensure continuous improvement with regard to cost, quality and overall experience of customers. Evaluate state-of-the-art technologies; benchmark processes; define user requirements and create technical specifications to deliver enhanced solutions that increase productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Lead a team of employees who transact ancillary-support functions, including but not limited to, vehicle permit and registration renewal processes, fuel-card administration functions, vehicle transfers, insurance cards, toll transponder and violations processing across multiple states. Ensure compliance with state/local requirements around supported services. Update internal practices and protocols as needed.
- Lead a team performing invoice management, payment and reconciliation (including but not limited to process exceptions, price-match errors, vendor administration, PO and non-PO transactions as well as identifying root causes and establishing systemic corrective actions.
- Maintains and improves the support-center operations by monitoring performance of support systems (phone switches and technology used daily to support provision of services) under routine and emergency situations. Identify and resolve day-to-day as well as emergent issues such as equipment outages, system failures, etc. Preparing and oversee the execution of associated action plans associated with routine system audits as well as for responding to operational issues.
- Meets support center financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions. Oversee invoicing activities to manage vendor performance, billing accuracy and translation into internal financial reporting/performance trends.
- Prepare and present support center performance by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data to deliver insights. Ensures corrective action is designed, documented and executed.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in support center operations management; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Able to develop support models and methodologies, effectively integrating/utilizing internal resources and 3rd parties to affect response to core functionality of the fleet, repair and dispatch activities
- Partner effectively with internal asset-management and maintenance-management teams to ensure timely delivery of cost-effective and quality services that enhance the readiness of our fleet
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Call Center and/or service operations back-office support.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint).
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Five or more years of Call Center and/or back-office support in a service-operation setting.
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Proven record of driving results, teamwork, people skills, people management, process improvement, problem solving, process management, data analytics.
- Subject-knowledge related to administrative management of a large, multi-state Fleet (including common goods/services associated with a large fleet of vehicles, state registration and taxation knowledge).
- Experience in an automotive service-writing or comparable field.
- Project management skills/certification (PMP).
- Experience and/or certification in “Six-Sigma” or “Lean” methods a plus.
- Familiarity with office-automation tools (VB script / macro writing, OCR systems, advanced Excel/Access skills, familiarity with systems such as SAP/PeopleSoft).
- Basic accounting skills.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6721666-senior-fleet-operations-manager
• Post ID: 50994023 northdfw