You will provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) support and oversee all aspects of environmental, health and safety program implementation within assigned geographic area of responsibility, by working with EHS and field management and line level employees. You will ensure compliance with applicable EHS laws and regulations, and company requirements, minimize risk of employee injury/illness and impacts to the environment; support changes in the business impacting EHS and achieve EHS and company-wide goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Program oversight, monitoring and providing necessary SME support ensuring all aspects of the environmental, health and safety program are implemented and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Education and awareness, ensuring company requirements and applicable regulations are understood by employees.
- EHS auditing, identifying trends, addressing deviations and measuring overall program performance.
- Research, ensuring applicable regulations are understood and monitoring for change that impacts the business, requiring action.
- On-Call Duty and Crisis Management Team, providing support during serious event/incidents and environmental emergencies impacting the business.
- Government Inspections, interfacing and following up with outside agencies during planned/unplanned inspections, investigations and inquires.
- Reporting, providing necessary facts and figures keeping EHS management and company leadership apprised of issues and program performance.
Bachelor’s of Science degree in Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety or other related degree or four or more years of work experience.
Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Certifications in one or more of the following areas: Certified Environmental Professional, Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM).
Experience with Microsoft Office suite.
Ideally, you'll also have:
Masters degree in EHS discipline.
7+years of Environmental, Health and Safety compliance experience with proven ability to oversee large geographic areas involving multiple facilities, diverse work groups and reliance on indirect reports to achieve results.
Other preferred certifications
OSHA 40 Hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response
OSHA Construction and/or General Industry Certifications
Effective written and verbal communication skills with ability to interact both inside and outside the company effectively.
Demonstrated ability to be highly organized, detailed oriented and able to multitask.
In-depth knowledge of federal and state occupational, health and safety regulations.
In-depth knowledge of environmental regulations pertaining to CWA, CCA, EPCRA and RCRA..
Ability to travel when necessary (25% or less)
Adaptive to change, open to different viewpoints and ability to innovate.
Current or previous experience in telecommunications.
Bilingual in Spanish.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6471040-senior-environmental-health-and-safety-specialist