Within Corporate Information Security, position will act as the Senior Manager for Security Events Services (SES) as an expert in Corporate Policy control interpretation, application and implementation supporting the mission of the CISO. Partnering with the cyber threat detection and response team leadership, the candidate would have a senior leadership position focused on developing, designing and implementing technology such as LogLogic or Splunk to ingest security events from various platforms, process the data and prepare for security threat monitoring and response.
The Senior Manager of Security Event Services (SES) will lead a team responsible for:
- Working with cyber threat detection and response team to architect and integrate security events based on understanding of the risk within the Verizon enterprise.
- Working with Verizon leadership to develop and document the integration plan for implementation based on risk and corporate policy requirements most notably CPI-810.
- Influencing and providing leadership and guidance during planning meetings and audits ensuring team is providing services that follow accepted best practices in security, changes in threat vectors, and applicable regulatory requirements as a telecommunications expert and certified security professional.
- Developing best practice technical security requirements that applied reduce risk based on expert knowledge in technology and security controls.
- Providing technical assessment of control application in IT, provide control implementation guidance, provide technical risk review of new product and influence corporate leaders to address compliance remediation through common control implementation.
- Responsible for managing and developing a team of employees including hiring, training, development, performance management, administration, and workforce planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or security discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 10 years' combined experience in IT, application development and support, and cyber security with highly scalable online transactional systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of cyber risks and adversaries and impact to large corporations.
- Possesses strong communication and presentation skills along with the ability to handle multiple priorities and high stress situations.
Ideally you will have:
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners.
- Strong familiarity with telecommunications and technology companies, customers, products and services CISSP is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6694472-senior-enterprise-security-manager
• Post ID: 50120523 northdfw