What you’ll be doing...
As a member of the Global Products and Solutions (GPS) Organization, the individual is responsible for supporting business analytics and project management of the Transformation Programs. A strong foundation in working with structured and unstructured databases, SQL, and Tableau visualization is a prerequisite for this role, to help identify and fulfill customer requirements. The individual will produce professional analytics and visualization that are actionable, timely, and efficiently presented to stakeholders.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- End to end ownership of analytical reporting including; request evaluation, code development, data analysis, data presentation, key takeaways and delivery of product.
- Utilization of internal and external data, management of data processing resources, results generation and analysis to provide actionable recommendations.
- Develop customer reporting tools that provide valuable information to stakeholders across the business.
- Ensure accuracy in data elements, investigate anomalies and ensure corrective action is taken.
- Provide detailed analysis of metrics data to ensure the teams have the proper information to achieve objectives, and deliver them through expert visualization.
- Have a strong understanding of wireless, telecom, and customer behaviors.
- Identify improvement opportunities and work through implementation.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Finance, or Information Systems preferred.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise data and analytics, with an ability to apply them in enabling the business for strategic planning, effective governance and management.
- Excellent engagement, leadership, business acumen, collaboration and influencing skills.
- Five or more years of working experience in business analysis, data design, data visualization, business/management consulting, process mapping and engineering.
- Experience in defining the Enterprise wide data architecture from acquisition through to information delivery using Business Intelligence tools, including SQL, Tableau and data modeling.
- Organize data acquisition work and deliverables and integrate/synthesize broad and diverse inputs and large amounts of information to formulate cohesive data requirements.
- Experience in scorecard and dashboard designing using Tableau and OBIEE.
- MBA or MS degree preferred.
- Engineering, Financial and Advanced Modeling skills or knowledge.
- Experiences SAS skills in Data management, SQL, BASE, and in MS Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio), or other modeling tools.
- Creative visualization and dashboard creation skills preferred.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6744352-senior-data-analyst-global-products-and-solutions
• Post ID: 51166043 northdfw