The Sr. Manager will manage the processes, people and technologies that comprise the OSS Security and Compliance Tools team. As the product owner and technical expert for McAfee Antivirus and AppControl, Tanium, Archer, NetIQ Sentinel and various other security-related applications, this individual will be responsible for a very diverse team of engineers. This people-leader will be responsible for maintaining the security posture and compliance of these tools.
Maintaining the security posture and compliance of the toolsets
Propose upgrades, product rationalization and decommission plans
Day-to-day care for and vulnerability remediation of all assigned tools
Implement and monitor controls necessary to ensure operational processes are performed and are effective to protect the environment from all forms of malicious cyber activity
Ensure the information and network security controls for the team are appropriate and operating as intended; this would include solutions that are directly controlled as well as security solutions that are operated by other internal and external groups
Provide status reports on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to business managers and other management activities that demonstrate the health of the program
Interact with internal audit, third party auditors, and appropriate regulatory bodies
Support the Information Security policy lifecycle throughout, including all aspects of intake, creation, review, approval, implementation, publishing, communication and maintenance
Leadership of people and processes to define secure, standard configurations for the applications in the team portfolio and to ensure capacity and availability
Development, optimization and ongoing maintenance of standards for the technology components of services offered by OSS Security and Compliance Tools
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Broad based IT experience.
- IT Management experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Seven or more years of broad based IT experience with technical knowledge of network, hardware, storage, operating systems and applications.
- Two or more years of IT management experience in an enterprise environment.
- ITIL certification.
- CISSP certification.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently prioritize and organize competing work demands in a fast-paced environment with little oversight.
- Working knowledge of at least two: McAfee Antivirus, AppControl, Tanium, Archer, NetIQ Sentinel.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6490776-security-and-compliance-manager