What you’ll be doing...
This position will be responsible for FiOS video hardware and software project/program management in support of the fios video product roadmap.
The fios video program manager will have a strong understanding of program/project management methodologies, risk analysis techniques. She/he will manage a cross functional matrix teams comprising of Product, Network, IT, Go to market, legal, security, testing, business and external vendors in different time zones. The manager is a team player, fun loving, cheerleader, focused on results, makes decisions based on empirical data. She/he promotes the culture of trust, partners with the other organizations within Verizon to break the silos and leverages each other strengths in driving product roadmaps and enhancements. She/he is a people manager without authority and will be able to manage upwards and laterally, holds her/him self and others accountable according to the responsibilities.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Technical/Business Product Management
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business and/or Engineering related fields of study with Master's degree preferred (MBA, MIS, M.S. in Engineering).
- PMP Certification or CSM certification.
- Eight or more years of experience in Technical/Business Product Management (Product Strategy, Lifecycle Management, Product Rationalization, Business Case Management, and Project Management).
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience in end to end management of large/complex projects in a matrix organization with multiple teams and multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in clearly defining program/project roadmaps, setting short term / long term goals, milestones and holding the teams accountable.
- Good understanding of product life cycle management.
- Background in managing product specifications/requirements and implementing product strategy/roadmaps.
- Strong leadership skills, presentation skills, written and verbal communication skills to clearly define and communicate project/program status to senior management.
- Strong risk management skills to identify, quantify the risks, issues and their impacts to program/project.
- Strong knowledge of Project, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Sound knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, G-Suite products, Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to develop/analyze business cases, product profitability models, and budgets.
- Development knowledge of video platforms, set-top boxes, broadband platforms, consumer electronics devices.
- Telecommunication or media business experience is a plus.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6784842-program-project-manager
• Post ID: 52224828 northdfw