The Business Support Manager role plays a critical role in Verizon’s enterprise computing defense. Managers are considered thought leaders, willing to mentor and advise others, and drive the operational and strategic growth of the organization. This manager position provides an opportunity to work in a fast paced collaborative environment defending Verizon from current and future cyber threats.
- Responsible for leading the tactical and strategic components of the Incident Response function within the TMC to include people, process, and technology.
- Develops metrics resulting from detection and alerting of SIEM and data analytics technologies
- Provides oversight and direct operational support for TMC security technologies with focus on SIEM and Data Platform management coupled with Malware Analysis capabilities.
- Responsible for leadership of specialized capabilities that support the TMC organization and provide services to enhance its ability to defend the Verizon enterprise network (Malware Analysis, SIEM and Data Platform management, Operations technology Support management)
- Drives the thought leadership to enhance the detections, alerting, response, and support capabilities to the TMC.
- Review technical articles for knowledge sharing
- Drive the technical oversight and guidance required to support junior team members during analysis efforts
- Attracts, retains, and leads a team of employees by educating, developing and managing them to deliver strong results.
- Responsible for all aspects of their team’s performance management activities including goal setting, conducting reviews, check-ins and disciplinary action, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience working with security tools and technologies to include knowledge management, intelligence management, SIEM, and/or data analytics system.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Previous experience in a leadership role that included personnel, budget, and operational management.
- Previous Information Assurance or Cyber Experience in the Telecommunications industry
- Previous experience in Cyber Intelligence or related disciplines
- Previous experience working with SIEM technologies (i.e. Splunk)
- Fundamentals of Mobile Platforms: Windows Phone, iOS, Android
- Ability to comply with any regulatory requirements
- Six or more years managing IT security teams with an emphasis on security operations and operations support.
- Strong communication and presentation skills along with the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners.
- Demonstrates effective organizational and technical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Six or more years of professional experience. This job role is considered experienced with team management responsibility
- Certification (A+, Network+, Security+, CISSP, GSEC, GREM, etc.) a plus
- Certification associated to SIEM Vendor technologies a plus
- Exhibit initiative, follow-up and follow through with commitments.
- Manage multiple priorities in a high pressure environment
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6642846-operations-support-manager
• Post ID: 49162364 northdfw