At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
- Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
- Competitive Fortune 100, industry matched salaries and yearly merit increase
- Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT since 2009
- Named one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” since 2010
- 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission’s list of top performers on key quality measures
The Manager of Application Services provides managerial leadership in establishing goals and priorities and in the overall management of current and planned application services within an HCA hospital. This position ensures continuity and alignment of the facility's application services direction with HCA's corporate IT&S strategies and the division IT&S strategic plans Primary responsibilities include serving as the application services leader for an HCA facility, managing the work activities of application support personnel assigned to the hospital and coordinating consistent support of application services and implementation activity within the hospital. This individual also assists in resolving highly complex issues regarding application services, coordinates facility application implementation and upgrade projects, assists in developing strategies for training and tools for application services across the division, and champions standardization, utilization, optimization and use of best practices in the application services area. The Manager of Application Services requires subject matter knowledge across all facility applications. This position must stay abreast of latest application support developments to ensure service levels proactively meet or exceed facility, division and corporate requirements and service level agreements with key stakeholders and vendors. This position requires strong people management skills, personal drive, and the ability to see strategy through to execution in a matrix reporting environment. Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills are required.
- Responsible for technical and managerial leadership in establishing goals and priorities and in the overall management of current and planned application services and support for an HCA hospital.
- Maintains strong relationships with division application services team and Division Director of Application Services.
- Meets with facility-level leadership teams, as needed, to align strategy, services, and coordinate implementation activities for all facility applications
- Responsible for personnel management, performance reviews, competency development, and coaching of facility application services resources
- Builds and maintains relationships with business operations, IT&S leaders, and vendors.
- Participates in resource planning and allocates resources to meet goals of the application services area, IT&S goals and business priorities.
- Organizes, plans, assigns, and monitors completion of work.
- Participates in the development of corporate and division-level technical standards, policies, and procedures as appropriate.
- Ensures that the design and use of technical services adhere to established division and HCA policies, procedures, and standards.
- Establishes and manages internal service level agreements and ensures external service level agreements with vendors are met.
- Assists the director in the development of the budget and develops project cost estimates for division and/or facilities.
- Ensures that service resources are assigned for the timely resolution of application services incidents and requests.
- Creates an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolutions, cross-training, and process improvement within the area and across organizational boundaries.
- Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance.
- Participates in activities to improve departmental and organizational performance.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with outside vendors of IT&S products, professional organizations, contract employees, co-ops, external auditors, and consultants.
- Builds strong relationships with application services users groups across HCA, IT&S managers and directors, and the Technical Services Leadership Council.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement.
- Participates in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=25324-10454&lang=en
• Post ID: 49924728 northdfw