The Forensics & InvestigationsManager Role is a senior-level position providing an opportunity to work in a fast paced collaborative supporting Verizon’s digital investigations and forensics requests. This position plays a critical role in Verizon’s enterprise security. Senior Analysts are considered thought leaders, should be willing to mentor and advise others, and have the ability to drive the operational and strategic growth of the organization.
- Processes results of investigations and provides thorough reporting to the incident commander and senior leadership while maintaining chain of custody.
- Conducts forensics analysis leveraging forensically sound technologies (such as memory capturing, network forensic capturing, and capturing of data at rest) and methodologies to collect evidence and presents results for determination of violation based on the details of the request to the incident response team
- Leads forensic support for major incidents requiring forensic intervention and capabilities
- Responsible for managing the end to end investigation process to include proper documentation and handing of data according to applicable Verizon processes and procedures
- Leads changing processes and procedures within the Forensic team in order to adjust for the changing threat landscape
- Identifies technological gaps and potential solutions in order to be as efficient and cutting-edge as feasible in forensic capabilities
- Provides results of analysis to leadership with justification for results.
- Supports leadership and key personnel on the collection and cataloging of information in support of litigation and expert testimony.
- Advise law enforcement on the credibility of acquired data
- Provides Training and Mentoring of junior and mid-career team members
- Attracts, retains, and leads a team of employees by educating, developing and managing them to deliver strong results.
- Responsible for all aspects of their team’s performance management activities including goal setting, conducting reviews, check-ins and disciplinary action, as needed
- Maintains strong liaison and working relationships with all federal, state and local law enforcement and regulatory agencies, including international enforcement agencies.
- Works with senior leadership to ensure data security protection policies are being implemented, reviewed, maintained and governed properly
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Experience in working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) or Forensic Investigations
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Previous Information Assurance experience working in the Telecommunications Industry
- Previous forensics investigations experience in large Fortune 500 organizations
- Previous experience with various Forensics platforms (Encase Preferred)
- Previous experience with evidence processing and chain of custody
- Previous experience with expert witness and litigation support
- Six or more years working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) or Forensic Investigations
- Proficient in understanding Operating Systems and their architectures: Windows, Unix/Linux, and OSX Operating Systems
- Previous experience with Forensic tools and platforms
- Previous experience with System and Network analysis
- Exhibits initiative, follow-up and follow through with commitments
- Demonstrates leadership and mentoring skills to help advance the overall capabilities of the TMC organization.
- Strong communication, presentation, and leadership skills along with the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience presenting to executive and senior leadership
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners.
- Manages multiple priorities in a high pressure environment
- Demonstrates effective organizational and technical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Six or more years of professional experience. This job role is considered experienced with team management responsibility
- Related Certification (A+, Security +, CCFE, EnCE professional, etc.)
- Ability to comply with any regulatory requirements
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6656039-forensics-and-cyber-investigations-manager
• Post ID: 49277246 northdfw