Parallon believes that
organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That's why,
after more than a decade, Parallon remains dedicated to helping hospitals and
hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently
in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future.
As one of the healthcare industry's leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized services in the areas of revenue cycle, purchasing, supply chain, technology, workforce management and consulting.
Parallon's purpose is simple. We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
JOB TITLE – EDI Coordinator
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES – Directs and coordinates EDI activities to assure that standards are adhered to and that the electronic claim filing process functions efficiently and accurately.
SUPERVISOR – Director of EDI/Billing/Imaging
SUPERVISES - None
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Manages and maintains the EDI processes and programs to provide standards and effective electronic filing strategies.
2. Provides ongoing training and education to EDI staff to ensure that policies and procedures are followed.
3. Meets with the Director of EDI/Billing/Imaging regularly to effectively communicate and resolve EDI issues,
set and prioritize goals, improve processes and review insurance and billing status.
4. Retrieves and maintains electronic filing and edit reports.
5. Researches and corrects claim submission reports.
6. Sends requests for information or correction to practice or CBO personnel.
7. Manages, edits and provides monthly edit statistics for all markets and educates practice managers and training
staff on opportunities for improvement.
8. Trains personnel in electronic filing and data entry methods.
9. Sees that patient billing submission is efficient and organizes the market schedule of billing.
10. Monitors the claims on hold reports, releasing when appropriate.
11. Incorporate HIPAA standards and practices.
12. Other duties as assigned.
13. Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES - This position requires the following minimum requirements:
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to
effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
EDUCATION - A high school diploma is required, an Associate's degree (A. A.) preferred.
EXPERIENCE – equivalent from two-year college or technical school is preferred; three years related experienceand/or training in medical billing and experience with and knowledge of electronic data interchange and claim
submission is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE - None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistancefor any/all disaster or emergency situations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The
employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=26824-133428&lang=en
• Post ID: 52520873 northdfw