The Digital Workplace team is looking for a Change Manager to play a key role in ensuring projects (change initiatives) meet objectives on time and on budget by increasing employee adoption and usage. Your role will focus on the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures. The primary responsibility will be creating and implementing change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance. You will work to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilization of and proficiency with the changes that impact employees. These improvements will increase benefit realization, value creation, ROI and the achievement of results and outcomes. You will work directly with PMs to ensure adoption and execution of the change management framework.
Employee experience is critical to the Digital Workplace team as our work focuses entirely on how employees experience and engage with the tools that we deploy. Engagement helps us understand the impact we have on the productivity of the entire corpus of employees at Verizon – something that impacts our revenue to a large degree. This position is responsible for bringing a laser focus in the Digital Workplace organization in the area of design thinking and putting the user at the center of everything we do. This requires assessment of current pain points, the usability of proposed solutions and driving the adoption of the technology rolled out to the enterprise.
Specific tasks include:
- Create a strategy to support adoption of the changes through a project by applying change management processes and tools.
- Develop, lead, and support activities designed to effect culture change and meet alignment objectives.
- Own the design, development, delivery and management of communications. Create a positive perception of the change by developing messaging and techniques to respond to resistance, improve change willingness, and emphasize benefits.
- Conduct impact analyses, assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders.
- Provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of training programs.
- Complete change management assessments by analyzing the project change requirements
- Identify, analyze and prepare risk mitigation tactics and communicate decisions to management and business counterparts throughout the project
- Identify anticipated resistance, create and execute plans to avoid and overcome resistance
- Consult and coach project teams on change management best practices around key projects
- Create actionable deliverables for the five change management levers: communications plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan, resistance management plan
- Support and engage senior leaders - Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders to ensure current and future change management needs are met and value is delivered; grow and evolve the support provided.
- Coach managers and supervisors on developing a change management strategy for their project and a mindset for future deployments
- Coordinate efforts with other specialists and key partners in IT such as the End User Services, Mobility, and teams involved with At Your Service, video production, and communications.
- Integrate change management activities into project plan by partnering with the PMO members
- Evaluate and ensure user readiness by conducting surveys and reviewing training metrics
- Manage expectations and report status to stakeholders
- Track, report and identify course correction for issues and manage the resolution of those issues to completion
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress. Be able to adapt and adjust plans quickly to improve success outcomes.
- Support and drive change management at the organizational level
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Three of more years of change management experience
- Three or more years of enterprise wide communications development and delivery
- Practical experience in dealing with large scale organizational change
- Senior executive communication, presentation and written skills
- Experience with the full life cycle of project management utilizing multiple types of project methodologies including but not limited to Waterfall and Agile.
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6675154-digital-workplace-change-manager
• Post ID: 49338609 northdfw