What you’ll be doing...
As a member of the Global Products and Solutions (GPS) Organization the Data Scientist works closely with cross functional teams to lead and develop GPS infrastructures and Platforms by aligning Strategic GPS initiatives to simplify and standardize processes, tools and technology platforms, based on the requirements and the underlying IT technology architecture that needs to be built.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads strategic development and delivery of GPS tools and platforms, including coordination of the configuration, enhancements and on-going development of business processes associated to GPS information delivery with the focus on maximum efficiency, flexibility, and scalability
- Responsible for leading multiple concurrent work streams related to delivery of information to support the GPS programs (including overall design and architecture of the GPS environment, and data design of GPS operations), executing on all phases of project implementation
- Collaborate with IT leadership to document and create / modify processes to support the GPS ecosystem design, and determine the optimal service models for all centrally managed tools (Scorecard, Tracker, Models, Dashboards, etc.)
- Recommend opportunities for GPS infrastructure enhancements, working closely with Business and Technology partners to provide resolutions to business and technical issues
- Collaborates with business to define the data acquisition and data storage strategy through the future state GPS infrastructure
- Oversee data trends and reports to measure effectiveness and install necessary benchmarks or thresholds to ensure data integrity and accuracy
- Develop advanced analytics models to support GPS Initiatives
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems
- Strong knowledge of the IT function and how IT enables the business through effective strategic planning, governance and management discipline
- Excellent engagement, leadership, business acumen and influencing skills
- At least 10 - 15 years working experience in business analysis, solution design, systems analysis, business/management consulting, process mapping and engineering
- Excellent program/ project management skills to build and execute project plans with clearly defined deliverables, timelines, and ownerships.
- Demonstrated history of partnering with other business and IT advisory practices/functional practitioners to develop an integrated go-to-market approach and deliver cross-functional solutions
- Experience in defining the Enterprise wide architecture from data acquisition through to information delivery using the Business Intelligence tools
- Experience in evaluating options for meeting data sourcing needs and ensures that system requirements are identified, prioritized and incorporated in an effective, efficient manner
- Organize data acquisition work and deliverables and integrate/synthesize broad and diverse inputs and large amounts of information to formulate cohesive data requirements
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- MBA or MS degree preferred
- Engineering, Financial and Modeling skills and knowledge
- Experience of designing and implementing service models for platforms (Centrally or locally)
- Experiences SAS skills in Data management, Tableau, SQL, BASE, and in MS Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6734352-data-scientist-global-products-and-solutions
• Post ID: 50995568 northdfw